From: www-tag-request@w3.org [mailto:www-tag-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Nathan
Sent: 05 April 2010 01:08
To: Larry Masinter
Cc: www-tag@w3.org
Subject: Re: Media Type Sub-Sub-types?

With regards content-negotiation in HTTPBIS, the last thing I'd want is
to have such a tricky subject re-opened because of a quick mail from me;
would gladly retract my question!

Thinking further about my question, I'm now thinking perhaps this could
actually be leveraged for the greater good.

For instance, if the need for an ****+rdf media type scenario came
about, then the specification / media type could determine a fixed
serialization, as in only n3 not rdf/xml or other.

This (or a few moves like this) could weight and shift the whole linked
data + rdf thing towards more readable notations and away from rdf/xml,
possibly even making say N3 the de-facto serialization.

Whilst a semi-evil thought, quite sure this would solve the problem, and
aid adoption of the semantic web / linked data / rdf - hence me saying
"the greater good" above.

All the best,

Nathan