Re: has XML, XSLT, XQuery and XML Schema have reached a stable state

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 08:41:53 +0200
To: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@gmail.com>
CC: www-tag@w3.org
Mukul Gandhi wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> HTML and HTTP do not appear frozen to me.
>
> I could see, work is still continuing with HTML. I am just curious,
> what further can community expect, for HTTP evolution? Isn't HTTP 1.1
> sufficient for us?

The HTTPbis working group currently is only chartered for maintenance
work. Does that make HTTP/1.1 "frozen"? I don't think so, because we
*do* change things that are broken.

Is HTTP/1.1 sufficient? That's a good question. We have discussions
about that all over the place, for instance about making a bidirectional
variant (ietf-hybi), about extensions for long-poll, or a major change
to the message format and many other things (-> Waka).

Best regards, Julian