TAG issue review - JAR

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 18:57:27 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Cc: "noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com" <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Following Larry's lead, I'll report on my TAG issues...

AFAIK the only issue I'm supposed to be supervising is ISSUE-57, and I
already wrote a summary of its condition:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jun/0057.html

Nothing much has changed since then, although I should mention a
couple of things:

- The HTTP semantics ("AWWSW") work is being tracked under this issue
(and the group has worked on redirection semantics from time to time,
with little convergence)

- The question of correct use of content negotiation (especially
around RDF) is hanging, and we've been asked to make a determination
on it. I think this is being tracked under ISSUE-57, probably because
we didn't want to open an issue for it (we probably should)

- I think the TAG ought to take httpRange-14 forward, as Roy's cryptic
email has numerous bugs in it and I don't consider the SWEO note to be
an adequate specification. I'd be happy to work on a SHORT finding on
the subject - if today's TAG can manage to stand by some form of the
2005 decision, which seems to be in question.

Jonathan