W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > November 2009

Final agenda for TAG F2F on 2 Nov 2009 (Today)

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:07:28 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: "David Orchard" <orchard@pacificspirit.com>, rubys@us.ibm.com, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Paul Cotton" <pcotton@microsoft.com>
Message-ID: <OFDD2CDF4A.402A69A4-ON85257662.0062CD94-85257662.006390D4@lotus.com>
The TAG will meet at TPAC this afternoon at 1:30 PM.  A (near) final 
agenda is now available at [1,2].  Since the preliminary agenda was 
announced [3] last night, I have added an item [4] on Efficient XML 
Interchange, and I have added some references to other sections.  Our main 
goal will be prepare for our joint meeting with the HTML working group on 
Thursday.

A text-only version of the agenda is attached below.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/11/02-agenda
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Nov/0002.html
[4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/11/02-agenda#exi

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: : [3]22 Oct 2009 Next: 29 Oct 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/22-agenda

      Agenda of 2 November 2009 TAG F2F Meeting at ([4]TPAC 2009)

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/

Note proposed start time: 1:30 PM

   Nearby: [5]Teleconference details - [6]issues list and [7]Issue
   Tracker ([8]handling new issues) - [9]www-tag archive - [10]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: TBD
          + Roll call -- Regrets: John Kemp, Jonathan Rees
          + Note future regrets: Tim: [Nov 12, 19, 26; 3 December 3
            (probable regrets)]; Noah: [Nov 19 & 26]
          + Agenda Review - [11]this agenda
          + Next Meeting: 6 November 2009 (morning - at [12]TPAC 2009)
            Chair: Noah; Scribe: TBD
          + Future scribes: Ashok -> John -> Larry
    2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
          + Approve [13]Minutes of 23-25 September 2009 F2F
          + Approve [14]minutes of 8 October 2009
          + Approve [15]minutes of 22 October 2009
    3. Administrative items
          + Appoint scribes
          + Reminder that, per [16]agreement on the 8th, our meetings
            at TPAC have been moved to Monday afternoon and Friday
            morning.
          + The TAG will hold a joint meeting with the HTML Working
            group at TPAC on Thursday, after lunch. Exact time is still
            TBD.
          + Proposal: next teleconference will be on Friday, 12 Nov.
            Note that Noah will be unavailable on Nov. 19 and Nov. 26
            (US Thanksgiving).
          + The chair thanks those "shepherds" who have responded to
            the [17]request to update issue status. Other TAG members
            are requested to update their issues as soon as practical.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 8-10 December 2009 @ MIT (Per [18]resolution of 25
                 June 2009 - note that Raman and John Kemp have
                 confirmed the acceptability of this date, though Raman
                 is unsure he'll attend).
               o 17-19 March 2010 @ MIT (per [19]decision at Sept. 2009
                 F2F)
    4. Privacy policy
          + From [20]minutes of 8 Oct 2009: RESOLVED that that LMM edit
            2009Sep/0073 lightly as discussed 8 Oct and Noah send to
            Device APIs and Policy Working Group on behalf of the TAG
          + [21]ACTION-318 Send note to Device APIs and Policy (DAP)
            Working Group on behalf of the TAG - on Noah Due: 15 Oct
            2009
          + [22]ACTION-321 Bug Larry about his input to ACTION-318 - on
            Noah Due: 29 Oct 2009
    5. Efficient XML Interchange
          + Background:
               o The TAG and EXI working groups held a discussion at
                 the 2008 Mandelieu TPAC. Taki Kamiya [23]provided a
                 summary of what we discussed. There were two main
                 subjects:
                   1. How to indicate use of EXI when transmitting XML
                      using HTTP
                   2. Request by the TAG for improvements to
                      performance analysis of EXI
               o [24]ACTION-176 send comments on exi w.r.t. evaluation
                 and efficiency - on Noah CLOSED: 26 March 2009.
               o (NEW) Taki informs the TAG that [25]content-coding tag
                 "exi" has been registered in the IANA registry. Taki
                 notes that: "This content-coding value will be
                 mentioned in the CR version of EXI specification which
                 is expected to be ready for publication soon after the
                 TPAC week."
          + Goals:
               o Discuss the new exi content-coding token.
               o Consider possible response from the TAG to the EXI
                 working group.
    6. TPAC Meetings with HTML Working Group
          + Background:
               o TAG will meet with W3C HTML Working Group on Thursday
                 5 November (afternoon exact time TBD -- Noah has query
                 in to HTML WG chairs)
               o [26]Suggested list of TPAC discussion items for HTML
                 WG and TAG (responses from [27]Paul Cotten with
                 suggested reading; [28]Henry pointing out that the TAG
                 has a concern with the treatment of XHTML documents
                 served as text/html; Dan saying: [29]nope, not that
                 concern: what bothers me is requiring that any
                 document that "happens to conform to XML syntax MUST
                 be sent using the application/xhtml+xml media type";
                 Dan asking [30]has Microdata really been split out? )
               o [31]Prioritized list of HTML-related issues,
                 originally developed at Sept. 2009 F2F. (An Open
                 Document Format [32].ods version and an Excel [33].xls
                 version are also available.)
          + Earlier background:
               o Discussion of versioning and HTML at June 2009 TAG F2F
                 ([34]session 1 and [35]session 2)
               o June 2009 F2F discussion of [36]plans to review HTML 5
                 drafts
               o [37]Architectural Considerations for Language
                 Versioning for the Web (Note from Larry Masinter and
                 Jonathan Rees)
               o HTML working group intention to take HTML to W3C Last
                 Call sometime between October and December, 2009 (per
                 [38]note from HTML WG co-chair Sam Ruby)
               o Paul Cotton and Maciej Stchowiak join Sam Ruby as HTML
                 WG co-chairs ([39]announcement)
               o [40]Division of labour for TAG reading the HTML 5
                 draft specification that we [41]agreed to on July 23.
               o Dan Connolly and Michael Sperberg-McQueen draft
                 [42]Web addresses in HTML 5, which is factored from
                 the HTML 5 draft. (see [43]email from Dan announcing
                 the draft). This was discussed on 23 April 2009 and
                 the associated [44]ACTION-253 requesting that Dan
                 brief us was closed.
               o Ian Hickson [45]announces availability of initial
                 drafts of HTML 5 authoring specifications. This is, in
                 part, in response to a [46]suggestion made by Noah in
                 October 2008, shortly after the HTML/TAG joint working
                 group meeting at the Mandelieu Technical Plenary.
               o Larry Masinter [47]announces new draft of
                 [48]Architectural Considerations for Language
                 Versioning for the Web . Chair's [49]response from
                 Noah (member-only).
          + TAG Issues relating to this discussion:
               o [50]ISSUE-20 (errorHandling-20) What should
                 specifications say about error handling? shepherd:
                 Henry Thompson
               o [51]ISSUE-33 (mixedUIXMLNamespace-33) Composability
                 for user interface-oriented XML namespaces (no
                 shepherd)
               o [52]ISSUE-41 (LanguageVersioning-41) What are good
                 practices for designing extensible languages and for
                 handling versioning? shepherd: Larry Masinter
               o [53]ISSUE-54 (TagSoupIntegration-54) Tag soup
                 integration. shepherd: Henry Thompson
          + TAG Actions relating to this discussion:
               o [54]ACTION-299 on T.V. Raman: Notify the TAG when the
                 HTML WG gets closer to closing issue-4 html-versioning
                 - Due: 2009-10-15
               o [55]ACTION-302 on Noah Mendelsohn: Raise (as
                 individual issue) question of 3 words "other
                 applicable specifictions" in 3.2.1 (3.3.1) of HTML 5
                 Due: 2009-10-20
               o [56]ACTION-305 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule time at
                 TPAC for joint session with HTML WG - Due: 2009-10-15
                 (see: [57]email from Noah to HTML chairs)
               o [58]ACTION-315 on Dan Connolly: Follow up on best plan
                 for HTML / TPAC PENDING REVIEW
               o [59]ACTION-316 on Henry Thompson: Henry S. Thompson to
                 draft for tag@w3.org proposed TAG feedback on the
                 text/html media type registration in the 25 September
                 draft of HTML5 Due: 2009-10-02
               o [60]ACTION-317 on T.V. Raman: Read
                 http://html5.digitalbazaar.com/specs/html5-epb.html
                 and send some notes to the TAG Due: 2009-10-20
               o [61]ACTION-319 on Noah: Consider HTML media type issue
                 for TPAC agenda(s) PENDING REVIEW
          + Goals:
               o Prepare for joint TAG/HTML disucussion on Thursday
               o Review status of TAG actions and issues relating to
                 HTML -- plan next steps
    7. [62]ISSUE-61: Forbidding hyperlinks (uriBasedPackageAccess-61)
          + Background (need to flesh out description of this agenda
            item):
               o Dan Connolly has requested that we discuss Widget
                 package scheme.
    8. Pending Review Items:
          + [63]Pending review actions in [64]Tracker
    9. Overdue Action Items:
          + [65]Overdue actions in [66]Tracker
   10. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
     [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/11/02-agenda
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/23-agenda
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-minutes
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/22-minutes
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-minutes#item02
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0051.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item03
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/25-minutes.html#item04
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/10/08-minutes#item05
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/318
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/321
     [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0003.html
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/176
     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Nov/0003.html
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0077.html
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0078.html
     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0082.html
     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0083.html
     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0085.html
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssuesRevised.pdf
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.ods
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/09/HTMLIssues.xls
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/23-minutes.html#item03
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/24-minutes.html#item03
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/25-minutes.html#item06
     [37] 
http://w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-html/versioning-html-20090611.html
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0058.html
     [39] http://www.w3.org/News/2009#item148
     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Jul/0026.html
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/07/23-minutes#item03
     [42] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/att-0444/draft.html
     [43] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/0444.html
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/253
     [45] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2009Jun/0016.html
     [46] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2008Oct/0003.html
     [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Aug/0064.html
     [48] http://larry.masinter.net/tag-versioning.html
     [49] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Aug/0037.html
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/33
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/299
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/302
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/305
     [57] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Oct/0018.html
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/315
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/316
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/317
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/319
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/61
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.2 $ of $Date: 2009/11/02 18:05:01 $

   [67]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [67] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Monday, 2 November 2009 18:08:08 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:18 GMT