W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > May 2009

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 28 May 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 10:27:02 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF4C8E7899.7A19A6D3-ON852575C3.004EEB38-852575C3.004F31CA@lotus.com>
The agenda for tomorrow's TAG teleconference is available at [1,2], and in 
text-only form below.  Note that Jonathan and I have taken ACTION-271 [3] 
to draft a first cut at a F2F agenda, but as noted last week, I will not 
get to start on it until today and there is a significant risk that 
nothing will be available tomorrow.  Will do my best.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/28-agenda.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/271

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: (Telcon) Prev: [3]21 May 2009 Next: 4
   June 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/21-agenda

               Agenda of 28 May 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: Henry Thompson(confirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Raman
          + Note future regrets: Jonathan (4 June), Ashok (11 June),
            Larry (June 2 -> just before F2F), Dan (F2F), Raman
            (possible regrets for F2F)
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Telcon: 4 June 2009 Chair: Noah; Scribe: Dan Connolly
            (unconfirmed)
          + Future scribes: Dan -> Ashok -> John
    2. Approval of Minutes from previous telcons and meetings
          + [11]21 May 2009
    3. Administrative items (Brief)
          + Reminder that chair [12]will be asking the W3C staff to
            issue a Call for Exclusions for patents relating to the
            [13]First Public Working Draft of our Finding on Usage
            Patterns For Client-Side URL parameters. Also, for some
            reason the dated link
            [14]http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-url-20090415/ to
            that finding does not resolve; we will designate someone to
            fix that.
          + Reminder that chair has sent a [15]summary of materials
            relating to TAG priorities and a [16]request that the next
            round of discussions of goals and priorities be done using
            email, starting now. So far, only [17]Tim has responded.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 23-25 June 2009 @ MIT ([18]local arrangements - W3C
                 member-only)
               o 22-24 Sept 2009 @ MIT
    4. F2F Agenda Planning
          + Background
               o [19]ACTION-271 Work with jar to draft strawman agenda
                 for F2F - due 28 May 2009 (unclear whether a draft
                 will be ready for discussion on Thurs. Will make best
                 effort. [Noah])
               o On the teleconference of 14 May 2009, we agreed to
                 make a serious effort to gather input for the F2F
                 Agenda
               o Issues and topics we've discussed (or been asked to
                 discuss) since the last F2F include (as of 21 May
                 2009):
                    # HTML, XHTML, issue errorHandling-20, etc.
                    # LanguageVersioning-41 (formerly XMLVersioning-41)
                      ([20]ISSUE-41) on the 21 May 2009 teleconference,
                      Larry took [21]ACTION-270 Provide additional
                      material for review at F2F for Issue 41.
                    # webApplicationState-60 ([22]ISSUE-60): Web
                      Application State Management
                    # contentTypeOverride-24 ([23]ISSUE-24 mime-type
                      sniffing
                    # UniformAccessToMetadata-62 ([24]ISSUE-62):
                      Metadata (also related to httpRedirections-57)
                    # IRIEverywhere-27 ([25]ISSUE-27) - overlapping
                      specifications for URIs, Web addresses, etc.
                    # CURIEs in RDFa, etc.
                    # XML Schema 1.1
                    # nameSpaceState-48 ([26]ISSUE-48 (I.e. what to do
                      about working draft
                      [27]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-2
                      0060329/)
                    # Geolocation and privacy
                    # POWDER
                    # Web Services Resource Access
                    # Efficient XML (EXI)
                    # Should W3C do work on device access APIs and
                      associated security issues?
                    # Content Negotiation (last [28]discussed at 3-5
                      March F2F)
                    # URNSandRegistries-50 (last [29]discussed at 3-5
                      March F2F)
                    # xmlFunctions-34 (last [30]discussed at 3-5 March
                      F2F)
                    # Discussion of TAG Priorities, planning TAG work
                      products (revised AWWW), etc.
               o Open Action Items (as of 26 May 2009):
                    # Tim Berners-Lee
                         @ [31]ACTION-24 Clarify
                           [32]http://www.w3.org/2003/04/iri , perhaps
                           by using N3 Due 2009-06-17 IRIEverywhere-27
                         @ [33]ACTION-116 Align the tabulator internal
                           vocabulary with the vocabulary in the rules
                           http://esw.w3.org/topic/AwwswDboothsRules,
                           getting changes to either as needed. Due:
                           2009-05-13 HttpRedirections-57
                    # Dan Connolly
                         @ [34]ACTION-265 Work with Larry, Henry to
                           frame technical issues relating to the
                           vairous overlapping specs. about URIs, IRIs
                           and encoding on the wire Due: 2009-05-21
                           IRIEverywhere-27
                    # Ashok Malhotra
                         @ [35]ACTION-264 Draft agenda item for
                           upcoming telcon discussion of geolocation
                           and privacy Due: 2009-06-03 (no associated
                           issue)
                    # Larry Masinter
                         @ [36]ACTION-231 Draft replacement for "how to
                           use conneg" stuff in HTTP spec Due:
                           2009-05-28 genericResources-53
                         @ [37]ACTION-254 Send email to www-tag
                           announcing issue-63 Due: 2009-05-28 ISSUE-63
                         @ [38]ACTION-261 Followup with Mark Nottingham
                           and Lisa D. regarding Adam Barth's sniffing
                           draft Due: 2009-05-26 contentTypeOverride-24
                         @ [39]ACTION-270 Provide additional material
                           for review at F2F for Issue 41.
                    # Noah Mendelsohn
                         @ [40]ACTION-257 Schedule TAG to revisit
                           progress in IETF/HTML liaison on content
                           sniffing (invite Mark Not or Lisa D?) Due:
                           2009-05-15 contentTypeOverride-24
                         @ [41]ACTION-258 Follow up with Larry around
                           extensibility of HTTP and the methods used
                           to extend it Due: 2009-05-19
                         @ [42]ACTION-244 Plan June TAG F2F Noah
                           Mendelsohn 2009-05-19 ultimateQuestion-42
                         @ [43]ACTION-268 Noah to announce trivial
                           action policy to group [Trivial] (see
                           minutes of 14 May 2009) Due 2009-05-17
                           ultimateQuestion-42
                    # Jonathan Rees
                         @ [44]ACTION-201 Report on status of AWWSW
                           discussions Due: 2009-08-01
                           HttpRedirections-57
                         @ [45]ACTION-204 Talk with Mark Miller about
                           web app security and report back Due:
                           2009-05-26 ultimateQuestion-42 (scheduled
                           for discussion on this telcon)
                    # Henry Thompson
                         @ [46]ACTION-23 track progress of #int bug
                           1974 in the XML Schema namespace document in
                           the XML Schema WG Due: 2009-05-28
                           namespaceDocument-8
                         @ [47]ACTION-33 revise naming challenges story
                           in response to Dec 2008 F2F discussion Due:
                           2009-05-15 URNsAndRegistries-50
                         @ [48]ACTION-113 HT to a) revise
                           composition.pdf to take account of
                           suggestions from Tim & Jonathan and feedback
                           from email and b) produce a new version of
                           the Elaborated Infoset finding, possibly
                           incorporating some of the PDF Due:
                           2009-05-13 xmlFunctions-34
                         @ [49]ACTION-121 HT to draft TAG input to
                           review of draft ARK RFC Due: 2009-06-01
                           URNsAndRegistries-50
                         @ [50]ACTION-232 Follow-up to Hausenblas once
                           there's a draft of HTTPbis which has advice
                           on conneg Due: 2009-05-13
                           genericResources-53
                         @ [51]ACTION-239 alert chair when updates to
                           description of xmlFunctions-34 are ready for
                           review (or if none made) Due: 2009-05-13
                           xmlFunctions-34
          + Goals
               o Start building agenda for F2F
    5. Request for TAG Consideration of [52]XML Schema 1.1 (XSD 1.1)
       Candidate Recommendation
          + Background:
               o [53]Rick Jelliffe email requesting TAG consideration
                 of concerns with XML Schema 1.1. Rick later supplied a
                 [54]clarification of his request.
               o [55]Response from TAG chair (Noah) indicating that,
                 consistent with [56]pertinent provisions of the TAG
                 Charter, TAG members will be given the opportunity to
                 vote on whether to accept this issue, and if so, with
                 what priority.
               o [57]Discussion on 14 May 2009 teleconference and
                 subsequent discussion on the www-tag@w3.org mailing
                 list.
               o [58]Discussion on 21 May 2009 teleconference.
          + Goals:
               o Vote on whether to open a TAG issue relating to the
                 merits of the XML Schema 1.1 Candidate Recommendation
    6. Security
          + Background
               o On the teleconference of May 21, Jonathan asked that
                 we schedule for this week discussion of [59]ACTION-204
                 Talk with Mark Miller about web app security and
                 report back
          + Goals
               o Discuss issues relating to Web security.
               o Consider closing [60]ACTION-204.
    7. TagSoupIntegration-54 ([61]ISSUE-54)
          + Background:
               o on teleconference of 21 May 2009, the chair was asked
                 to schedule discussion of [62]ACTION-255 Contact Sam
                 to ask (a) how can the TAG be helpful (b) offer set up
                 phone call involving Sam & 1 or 2 others.
          + Goals:
               o Determine next steps for TagSoupIntegration
    8. Pending Review Items:
          + [63]Pending review actions in [64]Tracker
    9. Overdue Action Items:
          + [65]Overdue actions in [66]Tracker
   10. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/28-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/21-minutes
     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009May/0048.html
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/hash-in-url
     [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-url-20090415/
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0138.html
     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0139.html
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0029.html
     [18] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/06-f2f-local-arrangements.html
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/271
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/270
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/60
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/62
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/48
     [27] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/03-tagmem-minutes.html#item03
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/03-tagmem-minutes.html#item05
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/04-minutes.html#item04
     [31] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/24
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2003/04/iri
     [33] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/116
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/265
     [35] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/264
     [36] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/231
     [37] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/254
     [38] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/261
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/270
     [40] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/257
     [41] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/258
     [42] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/244
     [43] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/268
     [44] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/201
     [45] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/204
     [46] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/23
     [47] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/33
     [48] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/113
     [49] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/121
     [50] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/232
     [51] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/239
     [52] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-xmlschema11-1-20090430/
     [53] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009May/0024.html
     [54] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009May/0063.html
     [55] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009May/0026.html
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-tag-charter.html#Scope
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/14-minutes#item05
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/21-minutes#item05
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/204
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ACTION-204
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/54
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/255
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [64] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.345 $ of $Date: 2009/05/27 14:20:50 $

   [67]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [67] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 27 May 2009 14:25:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:13 GMT