W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > May 2009

Agenda for 21 May 2009 TAG Teleconference and Start of F2F Agenda Planning

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 22:40:57 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF7C9089C3.42F06F51-ON852575BC.000D7562-852575BC.000E8CEF@lotus.com>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference of 21 May 2009 is now available at 
[1,2], and a text-only copy is included at the end of this message.

I would like to call attention to the inclusion in this agenda of a list 
[3] I've assembled of every topic I could find that we have discussed or 
considered discussing since the previous F2F, as well as a list of open 
actions extracted from tracker and grouped by owner [4].  These are 
included under the agenda item "F2F Agenda Planning" [5], in the hope that 
they will be useful in considering priorities for the upcoming F2F.

  >>I would be very grateful if TAG members would look over these lists 
during the next few days, and be prepared to discuss which of these 
suggest significant focus items for the F2F and for our work in coming 
months.<<   Feel free also to point out omissions from the list at [3], 
which was assembled manually and likely has some errors.

Raman has already strongly urged us to focus on ISSUE-60 
(WebApplicationState).  We have agreed to do so, but we have seemingly 
been remiss in not yet discussing in email this week specific ideas for 
next steps (I have some, but have yet to set them down in email.)  So, 
discussion of that during the next two days would also be very helpful.

So, we will ahve some preliminary discussion on Thursday of what our F2F 
and future priorities should be, and we will pick that up again next week 
when Henry and Tim are back with us.

Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/21-agenda
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly#issues
[4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly#actions
[5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly#F2FPlanning

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: (Telcon) Prev: [3]14 May 2009 Next: 28
   May 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/14-agenda

               Agenda of 21 May 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: Larry Masinter (confirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Henry, Tim
          + Note future regrets: Dan (June F2F), Raman (possible
            regrets for F2F)
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Telcon: 28 May 2009 Chair: Noah; Scribe: Henry
            Thompson (confirmed)
          + Future scribes: Henry -> Dan -> Ashok
    2. Approval of Minutes from previous telcons and meetings
          + [11]7th May 2009
          + [12]14th May 2009
    3. Administrative items (Brief)
          + Reminder that chair [13]will be asking the W3C staff to
            issue a Call for Exclusions for patents relating to the
            [14]First Public Working Draft of our Finding on Usage
            Patterns For Client-Side URL parameters. Also, for some
            reason the dated link
            [15]http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-url-20090415/ to
            that finding does not resolve; we will designate someone to
            fix that.
          + Reminder that chair has sent a [16]summary of materials
            relating to TAG priorities and a [17]request that the next
            round of discussions of goals and priorities be done using
            email, starting now. So far, only [18]Tim has responded.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 23-25 June 2009 @ MIT ([19]local arrangements - W3C
                 member-only)
               o 22-24 Sept 2009 @ MIT
    4. F2F Agenda Planning
          + Background
               o On the teleconference of 14 May 2009, we agreed to
                 make a serious effort to gather input for the F2F
                 Agenda
               o Issues and topics we've discussed (or been asked to
                 discuss) since the last F2F include:
                    # HTML, XHTML, issue errorHandling-20, etc.
                    # LanguageVersioning-41 (formerly XMLVersioning-41)
                      ([20]ISSUE-41)
                    # webApplicationState-60 ([21]ISSUE-60): Web
                      Application State Management
                    # contentTypeOverride-24 ([22]ISSUE-24 mime-type
                      sniffing
                    # UniformAccessToMetadata-62 ([23]ISSUE-62):
                      Metadata (also related to httpRedirections-57)
                    # IRIEverywhere-27 ([24]ISSUE-27) - overlapping
                      specifications for URIs, Web addresses, etc.
                    # CURIEs in RDFa, etc.
                    # XML Schema 1.1
                    # nameSpaceState-48 ([25]ISSUE-48 (I.e. what to do
                      about working draft
                      [26]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-2
                      0060329/)
                    # Geolocation and privacy
                    # POWDER
                    # Web Services Resource Access
                    # Efficient XML (EXI)
                    # Should W3C do work on device access APIs and
                      associated security issues?
                    # Content Negotiation (last [27]discussed at 3-5
                      March F2F)
                    # URNSandRegistries-50 (last [28]discussed at 3-5
                      March F2F)
                    # xmlFunctions-34 (last [29]discussed at 3-5 March
                      F2F)
                    # Discussion of TAG Priorities, planning TAG work
                      products (revised AWWW), etc.
               o Open Action Items:
                    # Tim Berners-Lee
                         @ [30]ACTION-24 Clarify
                           [31]http://www.w3.org/2003/04/iri , perhaps
                           by using N3 Due 2009-06-17 IRIEverywhere-27
                         @ [32]ACTION-116 Align the tabulator internal
                           vocabulary with the vocabulary in the rules
                           http://esw.w3.org/topic/AwwswDboothsRules,
                           getting changes to either as needed. Due:
                           2009-05-13 HttpRedirections-57
                    # Dan Connolly
                         @ [33]ACTION-265 Work with Larry, Henry to
                           frame technical issues relating to the
                           vairous overlapping specs. about URIs, IRIs
                           and encoding on the wire Due: 2009-05-21
                           IRIEverywhere-27
                    # Ashok Malhotra
                         @ [34]ACTION-264 Draft agenda item for
                           upcoming telcon discussion of geolocation
                           and privacy Due: 2009-05-12 (no associated
                           issue)
                    # Larry Masinter
                         @ [35]ACTION-231 Draft replacement for "how to
                           use conneg" stuff in HTTP spec Due:
                           2009-05-13 genericResources-53
                         @ [36]ACTION-254 Send email to www-tag
                           announcing issue-63 Due: 2009-05-13 ISSUE-63
                         @ [37]ACTION-261 Followup with Mark Nottingham
                           and Lisa D. regarding Adam Barth's sniffing
                           draft Due: 2009-05-13 contentTypeOverride-24
                    # Noah Mendelsohn
                         @ [38]ACTION-257 Schedule TAG to revisit
                           progress in IETF/HTML liaison on content
                           sniffing (invite Mark Not or Lisa D?) Due:
                           2009-05-15 contentTypeOverride-24
                         @ [39]ACTION-258 Follow up with Larry around
                           extensibility of HTTP and the methods used
                           to extend it Due: 2009-05-19
                         @ [40]ACTION-244 Plan June TAG F2F Noah
                           Mendelsohn 2009-05-19 ultimateQuestion-42
                         @ [41]ACTION-268 Noah to announce trivial
                           action policy to group [Trivial] (see
                           minutes of 14 May 2009) Due 2009-05-17
                           ultimateQuestion-42
                    # Jonathan Rees
                         @ [42]ACTION-201 Report on status of AWWSW
                           discussions Due: 2009-05-13
                           HttpRedirections-57
                         @ [43]ACTION-204 Talk with Mark Miller about
                           web app security and report back Due:
                           2009-05-12 ultimateQuestion-42 (scheduled
                           for discussion on this telcon)
                    # Henry Thompson
                         @ [44]ACTION-23 track progress of #int bug
                           1974 in the XML Schema namespace document in
                           the XML Schema WG Due: 2009-05-13
                           namespaceDocument-8
                         @ [45]ACTION-33 revise naming challenges story
                           in response to Dec 2008 F2F discussion Due:
                           2009-05-15 URNsAndRegistries-50
                         @ [46]ACTION-113 HT to a) revise
                           composition.pdf to take account of
                           suggestions from Tim & Jonathan and feedback
                           from email and b) produce a new version of
                           the Elaborated Infoset finding, possibly
                           incorporating some of the PDF Due:
                           2009-05-13 xmlFunctions-34
                         @ [47]ACTION-121 HT to draft TAG input to
                           review of draft ARK RFC Due: 2009-06-01
                           URNsAndRegistries-50
                         @ [48]ACTION-232 Follow-up to Hausenblas once
                           there's a draft of HTTPbis which has advice
                           on conneg Due: 2009-05-13
                           genericResources-53
                         @ [49]ACTION-239 alert chair when updates to
                           description of xmlFunctions-34 are ready for
                           review (or if none made) Due: 2009-05-13
                           xmlFunctions-34
          + Goals
               o Start building agenda for F2F
    5. Request for TAG Consideration of [50]XML Schema 1.1 (XSD 1.1)
       Candidate Recommendation
          + Background:
               o [51]Rick Jelliffe email requesting TAG consideration
                 of concerns with XML Schema 1.1
               o [52]Response from TAG chair (Noah) indicating that,
                 consistent with [53]pertinent provisions of the TAG
                 Charter, TAG members will be given the opportunity to
                 vote on whether to accept this issue, and if so, with
                 what priority.
               o [54]Discussion on 14 May 2009 teleconference and
                 subsequent discussion on the www-tag@w3.org mailing
                 list.
          + Goals:
               o Vote on whether to open a TAG issue relating to the
                 merits of the XML Schema 1.1 Candidate Recommendation
    6. Security
          + Background
               o On the teleconference of May 14, Jonathan asked that
                 we schedule for this week discussion of [55]ACTION-204
                 Talk with Mark Miller about web app security and
                 report back
          + Goals
               o Discuss issues relating to Web security.
               o Consider closing [56]ACTION-204.
    7. contentTypeOverride-24 ([57]ISSUE-24):
          + Discussion will be led by: Dan Connolly (Dan has not
            confirmed that he's available to do this; if not we'll
            defer discussion.)
          + Background:
               o TAG Finding [58]Authoritative Metadata (12 April 2006)
               o Dan Connolly [59]suggests that we discuss the draft
                 [60]Content-Type Processing Model, by Ian Hickson and
                 Adam Barth; the draft proposes interoperable rules for
                 Content-type "sniffing" in browsers. Note that the
                 draft acknowledges at one point that it is in "...
                 willful violation of the HTTP specification.
                 [61]RFC2616]".
               o 16 April 2009 TAG teleconference [62]discussion of
                 content type override and the Internet Draft cited
                 above. We agreed to pick up discussion on a telcon
                 within the next few weeks.
               o [63]Larry Masinter email pointing to [64]Minutes from
                 the IETF/HTML liaison meeting in March, including
                 discussion of content sniffing.
               o [65]ACTION-257 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule TAG to
                 revisit progress in IETF/HTML liaison on content
                 sniffing (invite Mark Not or Lisa D?) - due 2009-05-15
                 - open
               o [66]ACTION-261 on Larry Masinter: Followup with Mark
                 Nottingham and Lisa D. regarding Adam Barth's sniffing
                 draft - due 2009-04-23 - open
          + Goals:
               o Continue discussion started on 16 April 2009.
               o Decide on specific steps TAG can take to maximize
                 impact of TAG Finding [67]Authoritative Metadata or to
                 otherwise positively impact industry directions
                 regarding Content-type "sniffing"
    8. Pending Review Items:
          + [68]Pending review actions in [69]Tracker
    9. Overdue Action Items:
          + [70]Overdue actions in [71]Tracker
   10. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/21-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/07-minutes
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/14-minutes
     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009May/0048.html
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/hash-in-url
     [15] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-url-20090415/
     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0138.html
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0139.html
     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0029.html
     [19] 
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/06/06-f2f-local-arrangements.html
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/60
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/62
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/48
     [26] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/03-tagmem-minutes.html#item03
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/03-tagmem-minutes.html#item05
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/04-minutes.html#item04
     [30] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/24
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2003/04/iri
     [32] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/116
     [33] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/265
     [34] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/264
     [35] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/231
     [36] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/254
     [37] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/261
     [38] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/257
     [39] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/258
     [40] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/244
     [41] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/268
     [42] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/201
     [43] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/204
     [44] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/23
     [45] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/33
     [46] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/113
     [47] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/121
     [48] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/232
     [49] http://www.w3.org/tag/group/track/actions/239
     [50] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-xmlschema11-1-20090430/
     [51] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009May/0024.html
     [52] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009May/0026.html
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2004/10/27-tag-charter.html#Scope
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/14-minutes#item05
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/204
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ACTION-204
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect-20060412
     [59] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0233.html
     [60] http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-abarth-mime-sniff/
     [61] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/16-tagmem-minutes#item05
     [63] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0020.html
     [64] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0020.html
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/257
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/261
     [67] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect
     [68] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [69] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [70] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [71] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.340 $ of $Date: 2009/05/20 02:24:14 $

   [72]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [72] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 20 May 2009 02:39:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:13 GMT