Re: XML Schema usage statistics (WAS: Draft minutes of 2009-05-12 TAG weekly)

I have some trepidation about this line of reasoning which would seem to be:
XML Schema is widely used, therefore it is good and should continue!

I think we need to ask some more nuanced questions.  For example
1. Clearly all the statistics are based on Schema 1.0.  Are the
additions in 1.1 beneficial, necessary or excess baggage?
Should the Schema WG be rechartered to add yet more features.
2. Is there a core subset of features in XML Schema that is heavily used
and can be isolated?  If so, should we consider a profile?

I'm sure you smart folks can think of other good questions!
All the best, Ashok