W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > May 2009

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 7 May 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 18:54:39 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF2344B93C.4349CFBD-ON852575AD.007D9013-852575AD.007DAC44@lotus.com>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference on 7 May 2009 is available at 
[1.,2].  A text-only copy is attached below.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/07-agenda

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: (Telcon) Prev: [3]23rd April Next: 14
   May 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/23-agenda

                Agenda of 7 May 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: John Kemp (confirmed)
          + Roll call -- Regrets: none
          + Note future regrets: Dan (June F2F)
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Telcon: 14 May 2009 Chair: Noah; Scribe: Henry
            Thompson
          + Future scribes: Henry > Jonathan > Larry
    2. Approval of Minutes from previous telcons and meetings
          + [11]2nd April 2009 (these were on the agenda for approval
            on 23 April, but there is no record in the minutes of any
            discussion or approval)
          + [12]23rd April 2009
    3. Administrative items (Brief)
          + Reminder that chair has sent a [13]summary of materials
            relating to TAG priorities and a [14]request that the next
            round of discussions of goals and priorities be done using
            email, starting now. So far, only [15]Tim has responded.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 23-25 June 2009 @ MIT (chair hopes to prepare a
                 meeting page soon)
               o 22-24 Sept 2009 @ MIT
    4. nameSpaceState-48 ([16]ISSUE-48) (Brief):
          + Background:
               o Dan [17]alerts us (member only) that working draft
                 [18]http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-200603
                 29/ is way overdue for update
               o [19]Reply from Norm Walsh (member only)
          + Goals:
               o Decide whether to:
                   1. do nothing; it'll default to "WD no longer in
                      development" and probably not be easy to find
                   2. re-publish as Note
                   3. re-publish as WD (incorporating comments, though
                      it's not apparent we've received any)
    5. IRIEverywhere-27 ([20]ISSUE-27):
          + Background:
               o As [21]promised during teleconference of 23 April
                 2009, Henry Thompson has prepared an email titled
                 [22]A new RFC for Web Addresses/Hypertext References:
                 Background wrt LEIRIs. This will be the framework for
                 our discussion this week.
               o Dan Connolly and Michael Sperberg-McQueen draft
                 [23]Web addresses in HTML 5, which is factored from
                 the HTML 5 draft. (see [24]email from Dan announcing
                 the draft). This was discussed on 23 April 2009 and
                 the associated [25]ACTION-253 requesting that Dan
                 brief us was closed.
               o [26]ACTION-188 on Dan Connolly: Investigate the
                 URL/IRI/Larry Masinter possible resolution of the
                 URL/HTML5 issue. - due 2009-03-17 - closed.
               o [27]ACTION-24 on Tim Berners-Lee: clarify
                 [28]http://www.w3.org/2003/04/iri, perhaps by using N3
                 - due 2009-06-17 - open
          + Goals:
               o Assign a shepherd for [29]ISSUE-27
               o Discuss relationship of 5 specifications as outlined
                 in [30]above referenced email from Henry.
    6. LanguageVersioning-41 (formerly XMLVersioning-41)
       ([31]ISSUE-41).
          + Background (recent):
               o Larry Masinter email [32]update ISSUE-41, including
                 announcement that Larry has "renamed this issue from
                 'XML Versioning' to 'Language Versioning', updated the
                 description, and added a note about the direction [he
                 hopes] our discussion will take" (29 April 2009)
               o Larry Masinter email [33]Versioning and HTML -- recap
                 (1 May 2009)
          + Background (older reference material):
               o [34]Chair's message summarizing status of versioning
                 work in the TAG (sent 24 March 2009).
               o [35]Sam Ruby blog posting on HTML reunification
               o [36]Larry Masinter review of TAG work on versioning
               o [37]9 April 2009 TAG teleconference discussion of
                 versioning and 16 April 2009 TAG teleconference
                 discussion of versioning (minutes not yet available).
               o HTML working group action 108 [38]requests that the
                 TAG consider HTML when working on versioning
               o The TAG had earlier decided not to actively pursue
                 development of the finding on versioning.
               o TAG Blog posting: [39]Version Identifiers Reconsidered
               o Thread starting with [40]John Kemp email on updating
                 AWWW good practice note on versioning
               o At 23 March 2009 AC meeting there was at least an
                 informal sense that the AC wanted the TAG to help with
                 the extensibility issue, primarily in the context of
                 HTML. Tim took an action (from the AC, not the TAG) to
                 see that the TAG takes a look at this.
               o The following TAG actions are open or pending under
                 ISSUE-41:
                    # [41]ACTION-259 (Larry Masinter) Kick off
                      discussion of versioning principles to apply to
                      HTML, engage Jonathan and Henry. - due
                      2009-04-16, open
                    # [42]ACTION-260 (Jonathan Rees) Review and post
                      the email exchange he had with Larry on
                      versioning about 1-2 months ago. - due
                      2009-04-23, open
          + Goals:
               o Agree to, refine, or back out the changes Larry has
                 made to the issue name and description.
               o Based on that, decide on next steps for issue 41 (see
                 also Larry's [43]recap note)
               o Close [44]ACTION-259 on Larry Masinter to Kick off
                 discussion of versioning principles to apply to HTML,
                 engage jonathan and henry. - due 2009-04-30, pending
                 review
    7. contentTypeOverride-24 ([45]ISSUE-24):
          + Discussion will be led by: Dan Connolly (Dan may not be
            available, in which case we'll defer discussion.)
          + Background:
               o TAG Finding [46]Authoritative Metadata (12 April 2006)
               o Dan Connolly [47]suggests that we discuss the draft
                 [48]Content-Type Processing Model, by Ian Hickson and
                 Adam Barth; the draft proposes interoperable rules for
                 Content-type "sniffing" in browsers. Note that the
                 draft acknowledges at one point that it is in "...
                 willful violation of the HTTP specification.
                 [49]RFC2616]".
               o 16 April 2009 TAG teleconference [50]discussion of
                 content type override and the Internet Draft cited
                 above. We agreed to pick up discussion on a telcon
                 within the next few weeks.
               o [51]Larry Masinter email pointing to [52]Minutes from
                 the IETF/HTML liaison meeting in March, including
                 discussion of content sniffing.
               o [53]ACTION-257 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule TAG to
                 revisit progress in IETF/HTML liaison on content
                 sniffing (invite Mark Not or Lisa D?) - due 2009-05-15
                 - open
               o [54]ACTION-261 on Larry Masinter: Followup with Mark
                 Nottingham and Lisa D. regarding Adam Barth's sniffing
                 draft - due 2009-04-23 - open
          + Goals:
               o Continue discussion started on 16 April 2009.
               o Decide on specific steps TAG can take to maximize
                 impact of TAG Finding [55]Authoritative Metadata or to
                 otherwise positively impact industry directions
                 regarding Content-type "sniffing"
    8. webApplicationState-60 ([56]ISSUE-60): Web Application State
       Management
          + Background:
               o We have published a working draft [57]Usage Patterns
                 For Client-Side URI parameters
               o [58]ACTION-236 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule discussion
                 of the stress on media types imposed by client-side
                 synthesised content - due 2009-04-28 - pending review
          + Goals:
               o Decide next steps on issue 60 now that WD is
                 published.
               o Consider issues relating to media types. When we
                 establish rules for fragment identifiers synthesized
                 at the client, are media type specifications involved
                 in determining the interpretation of those ids?
               o Appoint shepherd for issue 60. Task the shepherd with
                 updating the issue description to point to working
                 draft and reflect agreed plans.
               o Close [59]ACTION-236
    9. Pending Review Items:
          + [60]Pending review actions in [61]Tracker
   10. Overdue Action Items:
          + [62]Overdue actions in [63]Tracker
   11. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/05/07-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/02-minutes
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/23-minutes
     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0138.html
     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0139.html
     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0029.html
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/48
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Apr/0059.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-namespaceState-20060329/
     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Apr/0061.html
     [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
     [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/23-minutes#item04
     [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0081.html
     [23] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/att-0444/draft.html
     [24] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Mar/0444.html
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/253
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/188
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/24
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2003/04/iri
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0081.html
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
     [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0061.html
     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009May/0004.html
     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0146.html
     [35] http://intertwingly.net/blog/2009/04/08/HTML-Reunification
     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0028.html
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/09-minutes#item05
     [38] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/108
     [39] http://www.w3.org/QA/2007/12/version_identifiers_reconsider.html
     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0147.html
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/259
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/260
     [43] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009May/0004.html
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/259
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect-20060412
     [47] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0233.html
     [48] http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-abarth-mime-sniff/
     [49] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/16-tagmem-minutes#item05
     [51] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0020.html
     [52] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0020.html
     [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/257
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/261
     [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mime-respect
     [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/60
     [57] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-hash-in-uri-20090415/
     [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/236
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/236
     [60] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [61] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [62] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2009/05/05 22:49:55 $

   [64]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [64] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Tuesday, 5 May 2009 22:53:27 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:13 GMT