(unknown charset) Re: A new RFC for Web Addresses/Hypertext References: Background wrt LEIRIs ( ISSUE-27 )

From: (unknown charset) Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 17:52:09 +0100
To: (unknown charset) (unknown charset) Martin J. Dürst <duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp>
Cc: (unknown charset) www-tag@w3.org, public-iri@w3.org, Apps Discuss <discuss@apps.ietf.org>, Lisa Dusseault <lisa.dusseault@messagingarchitects.com>, Alexey Melnikov <alexey.melnikov@isode.com>

Henry S. Thompson wrote:

> Once it became apparent, however, that the progress of [IRI-BIS] to
> Draft Standard status was likely to be considerably delayed for
> reasons outside its editors' control

Two questions have arisen wrt this:

 1) Why "Draft Standard"?

    My mistake -- I misunderstood the IETF nomenclature -- all we need
    is for [IRI-BIS] to be published as an RFC with an RFC number.

 2) What "reasons outside its editors' control"?

    I don't trust my memory of the relevant rumours sufficiently to
    commit it to print: Martin, would you care to hazard a guess as to
    when [IRI-BIS] might be published as an RFC, and/or tell us what
    the hold-up was or is?

ht
- --
                         Half-time member of W3C Team