ISSUE-62: OPTIONS HTTP method for metadata

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:07:18 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: Douglas Purdy <douglasp@microsoft.com>, "Don Box" <dbox@microsoft.com>, Michael Champion <Michael.Champion@microsoft.com>, shh@us.ibm.com
I've been doing a bit of looking at Microsoft's Oslo.  In general, I'd
prefer that companies like Microsoft spoke about their own products and
plans, but I did notice this posting [1] from Doug Purdy, who is one of
the designers of Microsoft's Oslo modeling system.  Since we in the W3C
TAG are looking at how to access metadata about Web resources, I think
it's worth noting that Microsoft seems to be using the HTTP OPTIONS method
for access to metadata in Oslo MServices.  I'm copying Doug and Don Box
(who also works on Oslo) so that they can correct me if I don't have this
right.

(Doug and Don:  the TAG has been working for awhile on what we're tracking
as our issue-62 [2], which is try try to figure out the appropriate ways
to access metadata about Web resources.  As I know Don is aware, the
www-tag@w3.org is public, and you are most welcome to jump in if you'd
like to be part of the discussion.)

Noah

[1]