RE: I-D Action:draft-hammer-discovery-02.txt

This is addressed in section 3:

---
   To promote interoperability, applications referencing this memo
   SHOULD clearly define the application-specific criteria used to
   select between "describedby" links.  This MAY be done by:

   o  Supporting a single descriptor format, or defining an order of
      precedence for multiple descriptor formats.  Applications MAY
      require the presence of the link "type" attribute with the mime-
      type of the required format.

   o  Using the "describedby" relation type together with another
      application-specific relation type in the same link.  The
      application-specific relation type can be registered or an
      extension.

   o  Specifying additional link attributes using link-extensions.
---

EHL