RE: LRDD Update (Resource Descriptor Discovery) and Proposed Changes

From: Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:24:05 -0700
To: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>
CC: "apps-discuss@ietf.org" <apps-discuss@ietf.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

No. That's like saying an HTML document should never repeat any of the links provided in the HTTP header, etc. The reality is that there isn't any single solution that satisfies all the use cases we have. After over a year of debating it, this combination of three methods is the best we have come up with, and it works fine. Is it a beautiful solution with clean architecture? No. But it is the only solution we can deploy today and expect people to use.

If you read the proposal, it clearly goes through the list of available methods and states why this approach was chosen.

EHL