RE: Fwd: Splitting vs. Interpreting

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:56:30 +0000
To: Xiaoshu Wang <wangxiao@musc.edu>, "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@miscoranda.com>
CC: "david@dbooth.org" <david@dbooth.org>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Xaioshu,

> The real issue is that TAG, for whatever reason that I cannot
> understand, refuses to acknowledge such a simple truth:  what you get
> from a URI is NOT what a URI denotes.

Please will you stop making this claim.  You and I have visited this many times [and (no-doubt) bored many people on this list] and agreed that no-one[*] on the TAG holds the view that "what you get from a URI is what a URI denotes". You again start your argument by restating a false-premise, that the TAG holds a position that AFAICT it never held whilst I was a part of it.

Stuart
--
[*] by which I mean that I know of no-one on the TAG that holds the view which you imply.