DOI "fact sheet"

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:59:00 -0400
To: n.paskin@doi.org
Cc: www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>
Dr. Paskin,

As noted here
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jul/0093.html
I find the "fact sheet" on the doi.org web site at
http://www.doi.org/factsheets/DOIIdentifierSpecs.html
currently somewhat misleading.  I realize that there was confusion about
URIs, URNs and URLs back around 2000 or 2002 when some of the earlier
discussions took place, but this confusion has since been worked out.
The current URI specification, RFC 3986
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3986.txt
in section 1.1.3 clearly explains the relationship.

It would be good to get the DOI "fact sheet" updated to properly reflect
this.

Thanks

--
David Booth, Ph.D.