Re: Range request and transcoding.

Just some random comments:

- Whether transcoding is needed or not will depend on whether the server
has prestored a certain piece of the big picture or not. Looks like it's
purely server-internal.

- Content-Range seems to be hard-coded to "bytes", no other unit is
usable. (see RFC 2616, 14.16).

- For a jpeg image, because of the lossiness of the coding and the
numeric inaccuracy of the transforms used, it may not be possible to
reconstruct the bit-by-bit exact equivalent image from covering parts.

Regards,    Martin.