Can "http://danbri.org" and "http://danbri.org/" URIs represent different things?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 02:54:07 +0200
To: "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>
Hello TAG,

Talking with some SW folk about OpenID, and whether my "me-the-person"
URI could be practically usable as my OpenID, I came up with this

Could http://danbri.org be a URI for "me the person", and
http://danbri.org/ be a document about me (and also serve as my OpenID)?

As I understand HTTP, any client must request something, so the former
isn't directly de-referencable. The client has to decide to ask for /
from danbri.org instead. But they're still different URIs, aren't they?

<Person  xmlns:foaf="http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1"/
     <Document rdf:about="http://danbri.org/"/>

...at all feasible? I guess it depends on how exactly we think about the
"add a / to the end" step...