W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > January 2009

Re: TAG Telcon Agenda for 29th Jan 2009: httpRedirections-57; selfDescribingWeb-51; errorHandling-20; scalabilityOfURIAccess-58; XMLVersioning-41; Issues Pending Review; Overdue Action Items.

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 09:48:21 -0800
Message-ID: <497F48E5.5020505@oracle.com>
To: "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

Regrets for this call.  I'm at a f2f meeting.
All the best, Ashok


Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) wrote:
> The TAG's weekly telcon agenda at: http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly has been updated for our meeting on 29th Jan 2009.
>
> TAG members, please let me know if you have other items that you would like discussed.
>
> Snapshots are available as plain-text (below) and as hypertext (attached).
>
> Regards
>
> Stuart Williams
> --
> Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
> Registered No: 690597 England
> ================================================================================
>
>             Agenda of 29nd January 2009 TAG teleconference
>
>    Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
>    Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
>    archive
>     1. Convene
>           + Chair: Stuart, Scribe: Henry
>           + Roll call -- Regrets: none on record
>           + Agenda Review - this agenda
>           + Approval of Minutes from previous telcon [10]22nd Jan 2009
>           + Future Regrets:
>           + Next Telcon: Propose 5th Feb 2009; Chair: Noah; Scribe:
>             Dan > Jonathan > Ashok
>     2. [11]ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections-57): The use of HTTP Redirection
>           + Related Action Items:
>                o [12]ACTION-200 on Jonathan Rees: Revise "Uniform
>                  Access to Metadata" (needs title change) to add XRD
>                  use case - due 2009-01-22 - open
>                o [13]ACTION-184 on Jonathan Rees: contact Lisa D of
>                  IESG, cc www-tag, to explain about 303, with cool URIs
>                  and webarch as references. - due 2009-01-29 - open
>           + [14]Reminder of LC announcement from WG chair
>             (acknowledging failure address some communities in original
>             request)
>                o WG is asking if we intend to make comments and whether
>                  we need more time.
>                o Absent a response, WG aiming to request to proceed to
>                  CR circa 9 Feb.
>     3. [15]ISSUE-51 (selfDescribingWeb-51):  (short) well known formats
>        and URI based extensibility
>           + Related Action Items:
>                o [16]ACTION-216 on Noah Mendelsohn: Publish SDW
>                  finding, with 4 changes as noted in minutes of 22 Jan
>                  2009 tag telcon due 29 jan 2009 - due 2009-01-29 -
>                  open
>           + status check on publication
>     4. [17]ISSUE-20 (errorHandling-20): What should specifications say
>        about error handling?
>           + Related Action Items:
>                o [18]ACTION-199 on Henry S. Thompson: Follow up on
>                  error handling thread (8 Oct) - due 2009-01-15 - open
>                  Status check: continue or withdraw (obe)
>           + Discuss [19]Larry's email - "Postel's law, dealing with
>             invalid content, Tinkerbell effect"
>     5. [20]ISSUE-58 (scalabilityOfURIAccess-58): (short) Scalability of
>        URI Access to Resources
>           + Related Action Items - Status Check
>                o [21]ACTION-163 on Norman Walsh: Coordinate with Ted to
>                  build a sample catalog - due 2009-01-29 - open
>     6. [22]ISSUE-41 (XMLVersioning-41): (short) What are good practices
>        for designing extensible XMLlanguages and for handling
>        versioning?
>           + Related Action Items - Status Check
>                o [23]ACTION-165 on David Orchard: Formulate erratum
>                  text on versioning for the web architecture document -
>                  due 2009-01-22 - open
>                o [24]ACTION-181 on Jonathan Rees: Update versioning
>                  formalism to align with terminology in versioning
>                  compatibility strategies - due 2009-01-22 - open
>                o [25]ACTION-183 on David Orchard: Incorporate formalism
>                  into versioning compatibility strategies - due
>                  2009-01-22 - open
>           + Clarify our publication intentions (see [26]Dec F2F
>             minutes)
>     7. Pending Review Issues
>           + Issues whose closure is pending review - see bottom of
>             [27]Tracker Agenda page.
>                o [28]ISSUE-1 w3cMediaType-1 Should W3C WGs define their
>                  own media types? raised 2002-01-09
>                o [29]ISSUE-8 namespaceDocument-8 What should a
>                  "namespace document" look like? raised 2002-01-14  - 1
>                  open action item
>                o [30]ISSUE-35 RDFinXHTML-35 Syntax and semantics for
>                  embedding RDF in XHTML raised 2003-02-06
>     8. Overdue Action Items:
>           + Overdue action in [31]Tracker
>     9. Any other business
>      _________________________________________________________
>
>       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
>       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
>       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
>       [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
>       [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
>       [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
>      [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/01/22-minutes
>      [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
>      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/200
>      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/184
>      [14] http://www.w3.org/mid/497DD071.2070707@philarcher.org
>      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/51
>      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/216
>      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
>      [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/199
>      [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jan/0075
>      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/58
>      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/163
>      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
>      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/165
>      [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/181
>      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/183
>      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/12/09-minutes.html#item03
>      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/agenda
>      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/1
>      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/8
>      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/35
>      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
>
>
>     Stuart Williams for TAG
>     $Revision: 1.285 $ of $Date: 2009/01/27 17:05:04 $
>   
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> W3C <http://www.w3.org/> | TAG <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/> | 
> Previous: (Telcon) Prev: 22th Jan 
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2001/tag/2009/01/22-minutes> Next: 29nd 
> January 2009
>
>
>   Agenda of 29nd January 2009 TAG teleconference
>
> Nearby: Teleconference details 
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon> - issues list 
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues> and Issue Tracker 
> <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/> (handling new issues 
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.>) - www-tag 
> archive <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/> - tag archive 
> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/>
>
>    1. *Convene*
>           * Chair: Stuart, Scribe: Henry
>           * Roll call -- Regrets: none on record
>           * Agenda Review - this agenda
>           * Approval of Minutes from previous telcon 22nd Jan 2009
>             <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/01/22-minutes>
>           * Future Regrets: 
>           * Next Telcon: Propose 5th Feb 2009; Chair: Noah; Scribe: 
>             Dan > Jonathan > Ashok
>
>    2. *ISSUE-57 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57>
>       (HttpRedirections-57):* The use of HTTP Redirection
>           * Related Action Items:
>                 o ACTION-200
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/200>
>                   on Jonathan Rees: Revise "Uniform Access to
>                   Metadata" (needs title change) to add XRD use case -
>                   due 2009-01-22 - open
>                 o ACTION-184
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/184>
>                   on Jonathan Rees: contact Lisa D of IESG, cc
>                   www-tag, to explain about 303, with cool URIs and
>                   webarch as references. - due 2009-01-29 - open
>           * Reminder of LC announcement
>             <http://www.w3.org/mid/497DD071.2070707@philarcher.org>
>             from WG chair (acknowledging failure address some
>             communities in original request)
>                 o WG is asking if we intend to make comments and
>                   whether we need more time.
>                 o Absent a response, WG aiming to request to proceed
>                   to CR circa 9 Feb.
>
>    3. *ISSUE-51 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/51>
>       (selfDescribingWeb-51):*  (short) well known formats and URI
>       based extensibility
>           * Related Action Items:
>                 o ACTION-216
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/216>
>                   on Noah Mendelsohn: Publish SDW finding, with 4
>                   changes as noted in minutes of 22 Jan 2009 tag
>                   telcon due 29 jan 2009 - due 2009-01-29 - open
>           * status check on publication
>
>    4. *ISSUE-20 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20>
>       (errorHandling-20):* What should specifications say about error
>       handling?
>           * Related Action Items:
>                 o ACTION-199
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/199>
>                   on Henry S. Thompson: Follow up on error handling
>                   thread (8 Oct) - due 2009-01-15 - open
>                   Status check: continue or withdraw (obe)
>           * Discuss Larry's email - "Postel's law, dealing with
>             invalid content, Tinkerbell effect"
>             <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jan/0075>
>
>    5. *ISSUE-58 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/58>
>       (scalabilityOfURIAccess-58)*: (short) Scalability of URI Access
>       to Resources
>           * Related Action Items - Status Check
>                 o ACTION-163
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/163>
>                   on Norman Walsh: Coordinate with Ted to build a
>                   sample catalog - due 2009-01-29 - open
>
>    6. *ISSUE-41 <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41>
>       (XMLVersioning-41):* (short) What are good practices for
>       designing extensible XMLlanguages and for handling versioning?
>           * Related Action Items - Status Check
>                 o ACTION-165
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/165>
>                   on David Orchard: Formulate erratum text on
>                   versioning for the web architecture document - due
>                   2009-01-22 - open
>                 o ACTION-181
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/181>
>                   on Jonathan Rees: Update versioning formalism to
>                   align with terminology in versioning compatibility
>                   strategies - due 2009-01-22 - open
>                 o ACTION-183
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/183>
>                   on David Orchard: Incorporate formalism into
>                   versioning compatibility strategies - due 2009-01-22
>                   - open
>           * Clarify our publication intentions (see Dec F2F minutes
>             <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/12/09-minutes.html#item03>)
>
>    7. *Pending Review Issues*
>           * Issues whose closure is pending review - see bottom of 
>             Tracker Agenda page
>             <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/agenda>.
>                 o ISSUE-1
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/1>
>                   w3cMediaType-1 Should W3C WGs define their own media
>                   types? raised 2002-01-09
>                 o ISSUE-8
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/8>
>                   namespaceDocument-8 What should a "namespace
>                   document" look like? raised 2002-01-14  - 1 open
>                   action item
>                 o ISSUE-35
>                   <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/35>
>                   RDFinXHTML-35 Syntax and semantics for embedding RDF
>                   in XHTML raised 2003-02-06
>
>    8. *Overdue Action Items:*
>           * Overdue action in Tracker
>             <http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue>
>
>    9. *Any other business*
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Stuart Williams for TAG
> $Revision: 1.285 $ of $Date: 2009/01/27 17:05:04 $
>
> Valid XHTML 1.1 <http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer>
>
Received on Tuesday, 27 January 2009 17:50:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:11 GMT