W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > February 2009

TAG Telcon Agenda for 5th February 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:38:29 -0500
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF56BF25D5.2E761975-ON85257553.0008085D-85257553.00090449@lotus.com>

A proposed agenda for the TAG Teleconference of 5 February 2009 is now 
available at [1,2].  A text copy is also attached below.  Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/02/05-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

--------------------------------------
Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142
1-617-693-4036
--------------------------------------

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: (Telcon) Prev: [3]29th Jan Next: 12
   February 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/01/29-minutes

             Agenda of 5 February 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: Jonathan
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Dan, others?
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Future Regrets: Tim (5 Feb, 12 Feb, 19 Feb)
          + Next Telcon: Propose 12th Feb 2009; Chair: Noah; Scribe:
            Dan (confirmed)
          + Future scribes: Ashok > John K. > Larry > Henry
    2. Welcome new TAG members
    3. Approval of Minutes from previous telcons
          + [11]22th Jan 2009 (the chair doesn't think these were
            approved)
          + [12]29th Jan 2009
    4. Organizing this year's TAG work
          + Brief discussion of TAG operations.
          + Brief discussion of how we will set goals, priorities, and
            measures of success.
          + Heads up that the chair will be asking for more active
            member participation in guiding progress on particular TAG
            issues.
          + Background reading on TAG internal operations: email from
            Noah [13]Organizing TAG work in 2009 (W3C Member-only). TAG
            members: please note that this email asked for some
            responses from you.
    5. [14]ISSUE-57 (HttpRedirections-57): The use of HTTP Redirection
          + Goals of this session:
               o Alert TAG members to fulfillment of chair action (not
                 formally recorded) to contact POWDER group (see
                 details below).
               o Verify status of actions and decide on goals and next
                 steps for work on issue 57.
               o Decide whether any change in status is appropriate for
                 [15]ISSUE-14 (httpRange-14 What is the range of the
                 HTTP dereference function?)
          + Related Action Items:
               o [16]ACTION-200 on Jonathan Rees: Revise "Uniform
                 Access to Metadata" (needs title change) to add XRD
                 use case - due 2009-02-05. [17]Report from last week
                 was "ACTION-200, to add a use case, is nearly ready,
                 but not done yet"
               o [18]ACTION-217 Raise moving the registry to w3.org
                 with Mark Nottingham [on Jonathan Rees - due
                 2009-02-05]
          + As agreed last week, the TAG chair sent a [19]formal
            response from the TAG to [20]Reminder of LC announcement
            and [21]acknowledgment from POWDER WG chair. The TAG will
            not further discuss this email exchange unless someone
            explicitly asks that we do so.
    6. [22]ISSUE-51 (selfDescribingWeb-51):  Well known formats and URI
       based extensibility
          + Goals of this session:
               o Reach agreement on disposition of items listed below
                 and to reconfirm [23]decision to publish. Set new
                 date.
          + Specific items to discuss:
               o [24]ACTION-216 on Noah Mendelsohn: Publish SDW
                 finding, with 4 changes as noted in minutes of 22 Jan
                 2009 tag telcon due 29 jan 2009 - due 2009-02-05 -
                 open
               o A draft was published primarily for final review by
                 the TAG at
                 [25]http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/selfDescribingDocum
                 ents-3023.html ([26] announcement - member only).
               o In the meantime, the editor has received two emails
                 with small change suggestions from Daniel Barclay
                 ([27] email #1 from Daniel/ [28]response from editor
                 suggesting changes will be made and [29]email #2 from
                 Daniel.
               o Jonathan Reese has indicated privately to the editor
                 some preference for further minor changes.
    7. [30]ISSUE-41 (XMLVersioning-41): (short) What are good practices
       for designing extensible XMLlanguages and for handling
       versioning?
          + Goals of this session:
               o Establish appropriate actions, if any, relating to
                 issue-41. That is, we will close, reschedule,
                 reassign, or open new issues as appropriate.
               o Decide whether the status of issue-41 should be
                 changed to CLOSED.
          + Context:
               o Last week we [31]made clear our intention that per
                 "the resolution reached at the 9-11 Dec. 2008 F2F, the
                 versioning finding will be published by as a W3C
                 Working Group Note, acknowledging history of TAG work
                 and input, and making clear lack of TAG consensus on
                 the contents."
               o We did not last week settle the status of the action
                 items pertinent to issue 41. The open actions are:
                    # [32]ACTION-165 on David Orchard: Formulate
                      erratum text on versioning for the web
                      architecture document - due 2009-01-22 - open
                    # [33]ACTION-181 on Jonathan Rees: Update
                      versioning formalism to align with terminology in
                      versioning compatibility strategies - due
                      2009-01-22 - open
                    # [34]ACTION-183 on David Orchard: Incorporate
                      formalism into versioning compatibility
                      strategies - due 2009-01-22 - open
    8. [35]ISSUE-30 (BinaryXML-30): Standardize a "binary XML" format?
          + Goals of this session:
               o See whether Noah can convince someone to do his action
                 for him.
          + Related Action Items
               o [36]ACTION-176 on Noah Mendelsohn: send comments on
                 exi w.r.t. evaluation and efficiency - due 2009-02-04
                 - overdue
          + Related reading
               o Email from Taki Kamiya to Henry Thompson [37]RE: TAG
                 review of EXI Best Practices, 29 October 2008
    9. Broken links in TAG finding uriMediaType-9
          + Goals of this session:
               o Make plan to respond to [38]request to fix broken
                 links in TAG Finding [39]Mapping between URIs and
                 Internet Media Types.
   10. [40]ISSUE-20 (errorHandling-20): What should specifications say
       about error handling?
          + No discussion this week, but a reminder that [41]Henry and
            Larry are to prepare for discussion next week on the 12th
   11. Pending Review Issues
          + Issues whose closure is pending review - see bottom of
            [42]Tracker Agenda page.
               o [43]ISSUE-1 w3cMediaType-1 Should W3C WGs define their
                 own media types? raised 2002-01-09
               o [44]ISSUE-8 namespaceDocument-8 What should a
                 "namespace document" look like? raised 2002-01-14  - 1
                 open action item
               o [45]ISSUE-35 RDFinXHTML-35 Syntax and semantics for
                 embedding RDF in XHTML raised 2003-02-06
   12. Overdue Action Items:
          + Overdue action in [46]Tracker
   13. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/02/05-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/01/22-minutes
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/01/29-minutes
     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Jan/0081.html
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/57
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/14
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/200
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/01/29-minutes#item02
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/217
     [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jan/0147.html
     [20] http://www.w3.org/mid/497DD071.2070707@philarcher.org
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0003.html
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/51
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/01/22-minutes#item03
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/216
     [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/selfDescribingDocuments-3023.html
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2009Jan/0083.html
     [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jan/0157.html
     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jan/0160.html
     [29] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jan/0158.html
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/01/29-minutes#item04
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/165
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/181
     [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/183
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/30
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/176
     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Oct/0123.html
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Jan/0118.html
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/01-uriMediaType-9
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/20
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/01/29-minutes#item05
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/agenda
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/1
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/8
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/35
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue


    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.21 $ of $Date: 2009/02/04 01:36:54 $

   [47]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [47] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 4 February 2009 01:39:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:12 GMT