RE: Version indicators (was Re: [public-webapps] Comment on Widget URI (7))

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:23:41 +0200
To: www-tag@w3.org
> 4. additional metadata for content management and retrieval
[...]
> 4.  the metadata is less useful although might be used to drive evaluation of content updates

It isn't clear to me what the above points mean concretely. Do you have examples of deployed software using format version indicators for content management and retrieval or of deployed software using versioning metadata for driving the evaluation of content updates?

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi