Re: HTML 5 Working Group closes without action TAG request to remove microdata

On Fri, 11 Dec 2009 noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Um, as someone who is not deep into the workings of the HTML 5 working
> group, it's not entirely clear to me what the significance is of getting a
> message from bugzilla saying a bug is closed, and then being alerged that
> it's being "tracked in tracker", but I'm willing to assume informally that
> it's some sort of good sign that our concerns are still being considered.

Yeah sorry about that, I didn't realise the bug that I had marked it as a
duplicate of hadn't gotten the boilerplate.

The text you were _supposed_ to get is:

-----8<-----
EDITOR'S RESPONSE: This is an Editor's Response to your comment. If you
are satisfied with this response, please change the state of this bug to
CLOSED. If you have additional information and would like the editor to
reconsider, please reopen this bug. If you would like to escalate the
issue to the full HTML Working Group, please add the TrackerRequest
keyword to this bug, and suggest title and text for the tracker issue; or
you may create a tracker issue yourself, if you are able to do so. For
more details, see this document:
   http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html
-----8<-----

...and the presence of the TrackerIssue keyword means that the escalation
process is ongoing. In fact, as others have noted, the process has
progressed to near the state of completion:

   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-76-objection-poll/
   http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-76-objection-poll/results

(This is why I closed the bug; it is counter to our process for there to
be an open bug requesting the same as an open tracker issue.)

A working group chair decision on the matter is expected probably before
the end of the year (the poll ends next Thursday, and the chairs meet on
Tuesdays to discuss matters such as this, so one could expect a decision
to be announced by the 23rd).

HTH,