Re: Sniffing and HTTP-bis (ACTION-309)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 15:07:22 +0100
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
CC: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, David Booth <david@dbooth.org>, www-tag@w3.org
Henry S. Thompson wrote:
>> But as far as I understand it it *does* sniff text/plain as text/html
>> in some cases (when certain control characters are found in the right
>> place).
>
> Please walk us through this path in the draft, because I just reviewed
> it again and convinced myself that it couldn't happen.

I had convinced myself that it can happen, and didn't get feedback on
IRC when I raised it over there, so I was pretty sure.

Now I noticed that
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-abarth-mime-sniff-03#section-4>, step
5 has:

"...ignoring any rows whose cell in the "security" column says
"scriptable" (or "n/a")

which of course rules this case.

Sorry,

Julian