Re: On reading material for f2f - Web Linking

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> ___________________________________
>
>             Web Linking
> draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06

Note that here's work on progress on an update, see
<http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-07.txt>.

> - "The "rev" parameter has also been used for this
>  by some formats, and is included here for
>    compatibility with those uses,   defined by this specification."
> Alas.  It is a design feature, which allows    {A chapter B} to be
> stated in A or B.  And why define it in the syntax and not give its
> perfectly well defined semantics?

The draft of the -07 draft doesn't have it anymore (I personally think
it's not a good idea to take it out...).

> - In relation-type,  How to distinguish a relative URI (parsed relative
> to the requested resource URI) and a token (parsed relative to
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/relation/)?
>
> Hmmmm "Note that extension relation types are REQUIRED to be absolute
> URIs"   Oopps.. why? This was a mistake in the Namespaecs spec, as there
> are times (like when a CSV file is converted into RDF) that the
> namespaces are local.   Unwise to block it just because we can't think
> of a use now.  Unless it is to solve the ambiguity. In which case more
> consitent say parse it w r t http://www.iana.org/assignments/relation/.

It used to say that earlier on, until HTML people told us to special
case the token form (because of the case-insensitive handling in HTML
link elements).

> - title*=UTF-8'de'letztes%20Kapitel"    Really hanging double quote on
> the end?

That will be fixed in -07.

> - Add a section of 6.2 to say that IANA will maintain an RDF document at
> the address defining each registered name as an RDF Property, with at
> least rdfs:label in at least one language and rdfs:comment and a
> reference to the specification in which the relationship is defined.
> And that client software must not look up this file more than once in
> its installed life.

Telling IANA to serve certain documents from well-known URIs is a
non-starter for now; they simply do not understand the Web (with all due
respect :-). Adding RDF to this would probably cause even more confusion.

Best regards, Julian