Re: Historical - Re: Proposed IETF/W3C task force: "Resource meaning" Review of new HTTPbis text for 303 See Other

Le 4 août 2009 à 06:24, Tim Berners-Lee a écrit :
>>> Basically we are adding a layer of meaning by fragmenting a
>>> generic meaning:
>>> From "Resource" to "Document, Thing and Service". It seems like
>>> going from
>>> abstract to more defined material things. This might help
>>> momentarily but
>>> will just push the limit to the next iteration of "abuse", the
>>> next layer of
>>> fragmentation.
>>

> This isn't fragmentation.

Hmm nothing negative in my word fragmentation. I meant Resource being
specialized in terms of the context.

> I am only talking about "Resource", not about other terms,
> and the problem is simply that it has been used differently in
> different specs and sometimes ambiguously.

As in different meanings? or a generic meaning covering everything aka
a Resource can be a Thing, a Resource can be a Document, a Resource
can be a Service. (which is what I meant)

>> We call this "categorization". It doesn't fragment, it organizes.

what I meant.

>> With the organization come benefits: predictability, auditability,
>> understandability.

as long as we share the same understanding for the organization, yes.