W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > April 2009

Agenda for TAG teleconference of 16 April 2009

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:10:13 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Message-ID: <OF0F17E3A7.CCD7B20D-ON85257599.00796A31-85257599.0079994A@lotus.com>
The agenda for the TAG teleconference to be held tomorrow, 16 April 2009, 
is available at [1,2].  A text-only copy is included below.  Thank you.


[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/16-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly 

Noah Mendelsohn 
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

   [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: (Telcon) Prev: [3]2nd April Next: 16
   April 2009

      [1] http://www.w3.org/
      [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
      [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/02-agenda

              Agenda of 16 April 2009 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Noah, Scribe: Dan if available, otherwise Ashok
          + Roll call -- Regrets: John, Raman
          + Note future regrets: Raman (April 23) Tim (April 23rd)
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Next Telcon: Propose 23 April 2009; Chair: Noah; Scribe:
            Ashok or Dan
          + Future scribes: Dan > Ashok > Larry > Jonathan
    2. Approval of Minutes from previous telcons and meetings
          + [11]9th April 2009
          + [12]2nd April 2009 <== Make sure available
    3. Administrative items (Brief)
          + We will have a telcon next week, but the chair will not be
            available for the usual advance agenda preparation. We will
            discuss the agenda for 23 April on this call.
          + [13]POWDER last call (reviews due 27 April 2009): so far no
            TAG member has expressed an interest in doing a formal
            review. Dan suggests that site metadata should be
            considered along with POWDER, and he [14]says he can
            provide a review for discussion on 16 April.
          + Progress report on publication of [15]Usage Patterns For
            Client-Side URL parameters working draft.
          + Reminder that chair has sent a [16]summary of materials
            relating to TAG priorities and a [17]request that the next
            round of discussions of goals and priorities be done using
            email, starting now. So far, only [18]Tim has responded.
          + Reminder of future F2F meetings:
               o 23-25 June 2009 @ MIT
               o 22-24 Sept 2009 @ MIT
    4. XMLVersioning-41 ([19]ISSUE-41).
          + Background:
               o [20]Chair's message summarizing status of versioning
                 work in the TAG (sent 24 March 2009).
               o [21]Larry Masinter review of TAG work on versioning
               o [22]9 April 2009 TAG teleconference discussion of
               o HTML working group action 108 [23]requests that the
                 TAG consider HTML when working on versioning
               o The TAG had earlier decided not to actively pursue
                 development of the finding on versioning.
               o TAG Blog posting: [24]Version Identifiers Reconsidered
               o Thread starting with [25]John Kemp email on updating
                 AWWW good practice note on versioning
               o At 23 March 2009 AC meeting there was at least an
                 informal sense that the AC wanted the TAG to help with
                 the extensibility issue, primarily in the context of
                 HTML. Tim took an action (from the AC, not the TAG) to
                 see that the TAG takes a look at this.
               o The following TAG actions are open or pending under
                    # [26]ACTION-183 (David Orchard) Incorporate
                      formalism into versioning compatibility
                      strategies. Due 3 March 2009. Pending review
                      Jonathan reports that he and David have decided
                      not to incorporate the formalism after all, so we
                      need to consider fate of the formalism work.
                    # [27]ACTION-229 (Noah Mendelsohn) Noah to respond
                      to John Kemp proposal of Feb 17 on versioning.
                      Due 14 April 2009. Pending review
                    # [28]ACTION-241 (Larry Masinter) Larry Masinter to
                      Review TAG versioning situation and report back
                      to TAG and HTML - due 2009-03-12, open
          + Goals:
               o Review Larry's progress on versioning
               o (maybe) Consider issues relating to HTTP origin
    5. contentTypeOverride-24 ([29]ISSUE-24):
          + Discussion will be led by: Dan Connolly (Dan may not be
            available, in which case we'll defer discussion.)
          + Background:
               o Dan Connolly [30]suggests that we discuss the draft
                 [31]Content-Type Processing Model, by Ian Hickson and
                 Adam Barth; the draft proposes interoperable rules for
                 Content-type "sniffing" in browsers. Note that the
                 draft acknowledges at one point that it is in "...
                 willful violation of the HTTP specification.
               o [33]Larry Masinter email pointing to [34]Minutes from
                 the IETF/HTML liaison meeting in March, including
                 discussion of content sniffing.
               o [35]ACTION-233 on Larry Masinter: Report back from
                 IETF/HTML liaison meeting in March regarding MIME type
                 override - due 2009-03-11 - closed
               o [36]ACTION-236 on Noah Mendelsohn: Schedule discussion
                 of the stress on media types imposed by client-side
                 synthesised[sic] content - due 2009-04-09 - open
          + Goals:
               o Update TAG on IETF liaison wrt the Content-Type
                 Processing Model draft.
               o Solicit TAG reviews.
    6. HTML
          + Background:
               o Discussion on 26 March telcon of [37]HTML progress at
                 W3C Advisory Committee meeting.
               o Dan Connolly and Michael Sperberg-McQueen draft
                 [38]Web addresses in HTML 5, which is factored from
                 the HTML 5 draft. (see [39]email from Dan announcing
                 the draft).
               o [40]ACTION-253 on Dan Connolly: Brief the TAG on
                 progress on \"web addresses in HTML\" draft - due
                 2009-04-01 - open ([41]ISSUE-27)
               o This seems also to relate to [42]ACTION-188 on Dan
                 Connolly: Investigate the URL/IRI/Larry Masinter
                 possible resolution of the URL/HTML5 issue. - due
                 2009-03-17 - closed.
          + Goals:
               o Discuss [43]Web addresses in HTML 5.
    7. Pending Review Items:
          + [44]Pending review actions in [45]Tracker
    8. Overdue Action Items:
          + [46]Overdue actions in [47]Tracker
    9. Any other business

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/16-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/09-minutes
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/02-minutes
     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0023.html
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/09-minutes#item03
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/hash-in-url.html
     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0138.html
     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0139.html
     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0029.html
     [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Mar/0146.html
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0028.html
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/04/09-minutes#item05
     [23] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/108
     [24] http://www.w3.org/QA/2007/12/version_identifiers_reconsider.html
     [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0147.html
     [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/183
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/229
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/241
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/24
     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0233.html
     [31] http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-abarth-mime-sniff/
     [32] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt
     [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0020.html
     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Apr/0020.html
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/233
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/236
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly.html
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/253
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/27
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/188
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/

    Noah Mendelsohn for TAG
    $Revision: 1.322 $ of $Date: 2009/04/15 22:04:51 $

   [48]Valid XHTML 1.1

     [48] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Wednesday, 15 April 2009 22:09:36 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 7 January 2015 15:33:01 UTC