ISSUE-60: Important 2002 email from Roy Fielding on history of fragment identifiers

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:32:10 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Stuart Williams <skw@hp.com>
Looking over the minutes of the 4 March 2009 TAG F2F session I find the
following side comment from Stuart in IRC:

"<Stuart> Just dones [sic] some tag archaeology seraching for a mention of
fragIds as "client-side indirection" from Roy... and have found an early
life www-tag posting from him on the history of fragIds at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0253.html"

I strongly recommend that the TAG review Roy's 2002 email as background
for continued work on webApplicationState-60.  BTW: I am not implying that
publication of the planned working draft be delayed, rather that we
consider Roy's email as input to subsequent revisions.  Thank you, Stuart,
for remembering this.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/03/04-minutes.html#item02
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0253.html