Re: lcsh.info RDFa SKOS and content negotiation - use of RDF-style # IDs in RDFa?

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:35:52 +0200, Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)
<skw@hp.com> wrote:
>> My preferred practice for naming concepts is to use blank
>> nodes and then
>> foaf:primaryTopicOf to ground them:
>>
>>         <link about="_:StevenPemberton" rel="foaf:primaryTopicOf"
>> href="http://www.cwi.nl/~steven/" />
>>         <link about="_:Amsterdam" rel="foaf:primaryTopicOf"
>> href="http://www.amsterdam.nl/" />
>>         <link about="_:W3C" rel="foaf:primaryTopicOf"
>> href="http://www.w3.org/" />
>>         <link about="_:TheWasteLand" rel="foaf:primaryTopicOf"
>> href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Waste_Land" />
>>         <link about="_:Love" rel="foaf:primaryTopicOf"
>> href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love" />

>> <a about"_:W3C" rel="foaf:homepage" href="http://www.w3.org/">W3C</a>

(Editorial fix s/primaryTopicOf/isPrimaryTopicOf/G)

> How does that work for merging information from different sources about
> the same given primary topic?

I'm not sure what the problem is, but does this answer your question?

"The foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf property is inverse functional: for any
document that is the value of this property, there is at most one thing in
the world that is the primary topic of that document. This is useful, as
it allows for data merging, as described in the documentation for its
inverse, foaf:primaryTopic.: "
http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/#term_isPrimaryTopicOf

Best wishes,

Steven