Re: rel=CURIE in RDFa, but rel=URI in Link:

Steven Pemberton wrote:
>> Digging deeper shows that you rely on IE's content-sniffing kicking
>> in. This seems to depend on the extension being "html" (it won't work
>> with "xhtml", for example). So IE is interpreting the page as HTML,
>> not XHTML.
>
> Not me. That's someone else's page. I, like most people, tend to deliver
> XHTML to IE as text/html in most cases. But the point is that the
> authoring is XHTML, and the user experience at the end is correct.
> That's all I am worried about.

Well, whether the user experience is correct depends a lot on authoring
practices (empty tags, scripts, ...).

So this is interesting for testing, but it wouldn't want to rely on IE's
content-sniffing habits for production use.

>> BTW: the page claims:

> Yes, presumably a mistake. It's a real pain that content-encoding is
> enmeshed with mime type in HTML. Lucky that HTTP headers are authoritative!

But then, the page is relying on IE not trusting the header.

As a matter of fact, it also *works* with

charset=utf-8" />

BR, Julian