Re: rel=CURIE in RDFa, but rel=URI in Link:

Shane,

I noticed that you didn't reply to this email. We discussed this topic
shortly on yesterday's HTML5 telco.

 From what I hear it seems your position is that either:

1) It's ok for XHTML2 and HTML5 to define conflicting syntax rules for
@rel (and potentially @rev).

2) It *is* a problem, so HTML5 will need to adapt to what RDFa defines.

Re 1: that would be a problem; it will make conversion of documents and
document fragments much harder, and will create an inconsistency in the DOM.

Re 2: I doubt that this is going to fly, but if you think this would be
the right thing, please raise this point over in the HTML WG.

BR, Julian

PS: please note that I'm generally in *favor* of the RDFa approach, and
I would like it to be fully adopted in HTML5 (and extensions to HTML4,
btw). I just see a problem with introducing plain (non-safe) CURIEs in a
place where others already want to use URIs.