Re: Treatment of RDFa in TAG Finding on Self-describing Web

From: Ben Adida <ben@adida.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 19:24:19 -0700
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
CC: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>, www-tag@w3.org

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:
> Can you show me the chain of normative speficiations, starting with the
> registration for the media type, that passes through (will pass through)
> that updated XHTML namespace document?

I am not knowledgeable enough about these specs to provide the full
path, but I am a little bit confused, because I'm pretty sure this is a
path the W3C has traveled before.

Specifically, GRDDL allows for interpretation of RDF triples using a
namespace-based transformation:

http://www.w3.org/TR/grddl/#ns-bind

We're effectively adding a GRDDL namespace-transformation pointer from
the XHTML namespace. That transformation implements RDFa. I don't think
we're asking processors to do anything different in terms of FYN than
what GRDDL does.

But maybe I'm missing something?

-Ben