Re: [XRI] Back to XRI

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 08:21:01 -0700
To: John Bradley <john.bradley@wingaa.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

John Bradley wrote:

> I take it that you are opposed to XRI being a separate scheme with the
> purpose of returning meta-data for abstract identifiers.

> Do you have any feelings on integrating XRI into http via the
> HXRI mechanism we have been discussing elsewhere on this list?

Not really, but I would object to anything that requires different
resolution strategies for HTTP. If you give me an HTTP URL, I want to go
get a representation (bit stream) without any further inspection of the
path or query string or fragment ID. As long as I can do that, you're
free to put anything in the URL or at the other end that you feel like.

Refactoring HTML Just Published!