Re: lcsh.info RDFa SKOS and content negotiation - use of RDF-style # IDs in RDFa?

Hi Dan:

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 6:50 AM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
> The document also has an RDF/XML representation available by content
> negotiation. While the triples differ a little (Ed - is this a bug?), they
> all talk about the SKOS concepts via identifiers that take the main page's
> URI and append '#concept'.

It is a bug I think. The software developer in me sees the DRY
Principle [1] being violated here ... so I'm inclined to drop the
rdfa, thus removing the need to keep the rdfa and rdf/xml
representations in sync.

> Is it TAG-acceptable to use a URI in this manner, when
> http://lcsh.info/sh85112589 is the URI for a document available in RDFa
> XHTML rather than RDF/XML? What does "http://lcsh.info/sh85112589#concept"
> name? How do we 'follow our nose' here? Should the media type definition for
> RDFa allow the assignation of URIs to things other than chunks of markup?

I finally got around to reading through this thread ... but afterwards
I found myself wondering if you saw it come to a satisfying
conclusion, or direction forward.

//Ed

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DRY_code