Re: lcsh.info RDFa SKOS and content negotiation - use of RDF-style # IDs in RDFa?

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 01:00:46 -0400
To: "Richard Cyganiak" <richard@cyganiak.de>
Cc: "Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol)" <skw@hp.com>, "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>, "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:
> Not sure if that's the cause of the problem you observe, but the server
> should add a "Vary: Accept" header, otherwise intermediate caches will
> become confused and might send wrong responses to clients. This missing
> header is a frequent problem with servers that implement content
> negotiation, everyone seems to get this wrong the first time.

Thanks for the tip on the Vary HTTP header Richard ... I just added it
to lcsh.info -- my apologies if this caused some problems for you
Stuart. I'll know what to do in my next linked-data experiment :-)

FWIW it might be nice to add some guidance on the use of Vary in the
Cool URIs for the Semantic Web doc [1].

//Ed

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/