Re: lcsh.info RDFa SKOS and content negotiation - use of RDF-style # IDs in RDFa?

On Oct 6, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Steven Pemberton wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:53:37 +0200, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
> wrote:
>>> What I meant was, I am unsure of the value of being able to say
>>> that a primary topic has a temporal dimension, if you can't say
>>> that about anything else in RDF.
>>
>> There's a trick here. Choose your properties with care.
>>
>> The foaf:mbox property, for example, has built in temporal
>> constraints.
>
> Well, recognising that it has a temporal dimension still doesn't let
> you do anything about it.
>
>> Even though we can't decorate RDF instance data with triple-by-
>> triple temporal annotations (and would we really want to?)
>
> I think not, and that is why I think the temporal part of ttdb:
> doesn't answer sufficient a need.
>
> We could of course introduce properties
>
> 	wasPrimaryTopicOf
> 	willBePrimaryTopicOf
> 	shouldHaveBeenPrimaryTopicOf
>
> just to be on the safe side.

Aaargh.  No, please don't do that. Don't use tenses in anything that
is going to get stored for a while and then taken out of storage.

But maybe you were joking...

I think we should prohibit irony from these discussions, the chances
of being misunderstood are too great. One person's insanity is another
person's neat idea.

Pat