Re: ZIP-based packages and URI references into them ODF proposal

From: Svante Schubert <Svante.Schubert@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 17:17:09 +0100
To: www-tag@w3.org
Cc: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>, Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>

that was what we had in mind, when talking about a package URL solution.
Creating a schema for as many as possible packaged application formats,
which naturally would include OOXML as a file format and the 'merge'
with the pack: schema.

Aside of a package scheme and a fragment identifier solution given by
Larry, there is a third approach. There were several requests (e.g. W3C
Widget Group, Marcos Caceres) for making it possible to point with an
URL into a package

For example:

Would this be a valid request for you?

PS: As the RDF metadata feature of ODF 1.2 is in need to reference to
fragments of the ODF documents from outside the package via an URL, I
believe the mimetype given fragment identifer is the easiest solution
for now, no matter what additional (and compatible) ways later can be
agreed on in a larger circle.