Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:33:28 -0400
To: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

> The media type returned by .../blink-01.zip

Doesn't reliance on media-type suggest a # as opposed to / as separator,
as in:

        http://example.com/sample.zip#outer/inner/deepest

My quick reading of RFC 3986 suggests that this syntax is legal in a
fragid.  Of course, it has the characteristic that only the identifier of
the zip container is typically sent "on the wire".   I don't see how the
media type spec can help you crack:

        http://example.com/sample.zip/outer/inner/deepest

As Stuart says, that URI is opaque, and a client would not in general have
knowledge of the relationship of those last 3 components to zip packaging,
I think.

Noah

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation