Re: Alternative language versioning formalism

On May 29, 2008, at 5:45 AM, Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) wrote:

> Hello Jonathan,
>
> Firstly thank you for this... I will look it over, but it looks
> good at a superficial glance.
>
> We repeatedly have problems with references to documents in the
> versioning collection. At some stage your reference [2], http://
> www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-strategies, became http://
> www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning-compatibility-strategies. It
> possible that I have promulgated a reference to the wrong document
> (|work|expression|manifestion| item :-)).

I think so. I probably got the URI from the F2F agenda. However I
believe the version I consulted was the more recent version.

URIs are like viruses, I think - they spread whether you want them to
or not.

It would be helpful if the "Latest version" link in the old
awww:information-resource were upgraded to the new URI.

I've updated my local version, and will upload to CVS at some point.
Should it go in the tag/doc directory?

Jonathan