Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 16:19:00 +1000
To: "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>, "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>, "Jon Ferraiolo" <jferrai@us.ibm.com>

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 9:00 AM, Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)
<dbooth@hp.com> wrote:
> Marcos,
>
> Is there an explanation somewhere of why existing mechanisms seem insufficient?

No. But Arve basically covered the problem in his previous email [1].

FWIW, I will eventually add the discussion to the the Widget Landscape
document [2] as this gets nutted out. I'll cover current approaches
used by widget engines and the relevant RFCs that people have been
pointing us to.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008May/0130.html
[2] http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-land/

--