Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 15:49:12 +1000
To: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org, "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

> If you really can't live with http: URIs, have you considered using the tag:

It's not that we can't live with them, it's that a different scheme
might be better suited for this type of application.

> URI scheme, see http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc4151.html

The Tag URI scheme seems to meet some of the requirements, but seems
to have some limitations. We would be required to qualify the
semantics of various aspects of the scheme (the specific and fragment
parts, for instance) to make it suitable for Widgets. Also, the date
resolution of the scheme may be insufficient. I'll need to look at it
in more detail.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au