Re: "Identifying Individual Terms" in "Associating Resources with Namespaces" draft TAG finding

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:02:10 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
/ <Simon.Cox@csiro.au> was heard to say:
| I'd like to see a pattern that recognizes "Individual terms" as
| first-class resources, handled by the server, rather than involving
| unnecessary network traffic and pushing a potentially large processing
| job back to the client.

The question of identifying subresources is at the nexus of several
issues, including at least namespaceDocument-8 and httpRange-14.

The use of a 303 response is one way to address this question. I don't
think a definitive answer to this question is on the critical path for
resolving namespaceDocument-8, though.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--