Re: Re: TAG recommends against XRI

At 11:53 AM 2008-05-22, Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress wrote:
>Looking at the TAG minutes http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/05/01-minutes
>this seems to still be a point of confusion.  (I think I asked the OASIS
>folks a while back "is the supposed to be a URI scheme or not, and if not,
>how would you characterize it?" and I don't think I ever got a straight
>answer.)

Google searching found
http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xri_notes.html

which references
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15376

I don't know if they plan on an IANA registration of xri as a URI scheme.

I think they consider xri at the same level as uri, and that xri is
not a URI scheme, but its hard to tell from my quick reading of the docs.

Paul