Re: Uniform access to descriptions

From: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:36:55 -0400
To: wangxiao@musc.edu
Cc: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>, Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>, "www-tag@w3.org WG" <www-tag@w3.org>

Xiaoshu Wang writes:

> Wouldn't it be more meaningful and precise to designate a GRDDL
> mime-type and bound it transformation sheet to the same URI?

Doesn't this make it impossible to have GRDDL for the GRDDL document
itself?  Granting that this may be a stretch in common usage, I think it's
a good test of architectural soundness that these edge cases work out.  I
think what we're seeing here:  mime types are closer to what RDDL calls a
"nature" than a "purpose".  You're using them for a "purpose", I think.

Noah

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street