Re: Usage Patterns For Hash In URLs

T.V.,

Since hash URI is URI's fragment identifiers, which depends on the MIME
type of the document.  This is what we did with the DFDF
(http://dfdf.inesc-id.pt/tr/fragid).  It allows us to describe a
particular binary fragment with URI.  With certain server side support,
we can convert the hash URI into query parameters so that it will save
bandwidth.  However, this will lead to the question of how to interpret
fragment identifiers if the same # URI is returned but different content
type.  Hence, it turns back to the issue of what URI identifies.  It is
not that simple question to answer but I do agree the foundation of #
pattern.

Xiaoshu