Re: I-D ACTION:draft-nottingham-http-link-header-01.txt

tor 2008-03-20 klockan 17:18 +0000 skrev Phil Archer:
> There's a lot of crossover going on here... the discussion about
> relationship types has played out extensively on the IETF/HTTP WG list.
> See, for example, Julian Reschke's comment [1].
>
> Mark's original proposal was to use Link-Profile to make the
> relationship type extensible which seems sensible at first pass, but...
>
> Link: <file.ext1>; rel="rel-1"
> Link: <file.ext2>; rel="rel-2"
> Link-Profile: <profile.html>

Wow, talk about overkill.

Prefixes are great if you have a file with tens or hundreds of
occurrences of a URI. For a handful, which is all we expect to have in a
HTTP header, right (RIGHT??), prefixing is completely overkill, IMHO.

That said, having a default prefix *does* make sense, because that does
not introduce any new HTTP header mechanism.

Just my 0.02 kronor.

/Mikael