AWWW 'somewhat unrealistic' -- Google

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:37:05 +0200
To: www-tag@w3.org

Hello www-tag,

Since this showed up in passing on an unrelated list, i thought it was
worth dropping a link here. google is now of the opinion that the
Architecture of the World Wide Web is 'unrealistic' and charters
should no longer make reference to it.

Raman, I would be interested to know why Google takes this position?

====== quote =====

Here's Google's feedback:

  [...]

 - We are not sure that the charter should explicitly expect the group
   to follow the AWWW and CharMod specifications. Recent developments
   (in particular in the HTML5 group) have suggested that these
   specifications are somewhat unrealistic in terms of the constraints
   put on technologies intended for wide deployment on the Web.

   [...]

====== end quote ====
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-geolocation/2008Jun/0077.html

 Interaction Domain Leader