Re: [widgets] Widgets URI scheme

From: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:08:06 +1000
To: "Larry Masinter" <masinter@adobe.com>
Cc: "Jon Ferraiolo" <jferrai@us.ibm.com>, "Larry Masinter" <LMM@acm.org>, public-appformats@w3.org, public-appformats-request@w3.org, www-tag@w3.org

Hi Larry,

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com> wrote:
> I'm still disturbed by an interoperability problem if there are alternative ways of expressing the same path where not all implementations can read and processs all of the expressions.

I'm sure when this would happen (unless there was a broken
implementation of Zip that encoded file names as UTF-8 without
explicitly setting general purpose bit 11)

> The URI decoder is separate from the zip software, so its reasonable to use UTF8 everywhere.

Yes, this is what will be in the widget spec.

> This is very related to the issues with the file: scheme that I've started looking at again.

Can you advise the WebApps working group (AKA WAF) on how you might
like us to proceed in regards to this matter?

Kind regards,
Marcos
--
Marcos Caceres