W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > June 2008

TAG Telcon Agenda for 5th June 2008: UrnsAndregistries-50; tagSoupIntegration-54;passwordsInTheClear-52; XMLVersioning-41

From: Williams, Stuart (HP Labs, Bristol) <skw@hp.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 17:17:32 +0000
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Message-ID: <233101CD2D78D64E8C6691E90030E5C802844B924E@GVW1120EXC.americas.hpqcorp.net>

The TAG weekly telcon agenda at http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly has been updated for our meeting on 6th June 2008.

Snapshots are available at http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/06/05-agenda and as plain text below.

Regards

Stuart Williams
--
Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office: Cain Road, Bracknell, Berks RG12 1HN
Registered No: 690597 England
================================================================================

              Agenda of 5th June 2008 TAG teleconference

   Nearby: [4]Teleconference details - [5]issues list and [6]Issue
   Tracker ([7]handling new issues) - [8]www-tag archive - [9]tag
   archive
    1. Convene
          + Chair: Stuart, Scribe: Jonathan
          + Roll call -- Regrets: Noah, Ashok Malhotra; Dan Connolly;
            Dave Orchard (possible)
          + Agenda Review - [10]this agenda
          + Approval of Minutes from previous telcon [11]29th May
            (missed doing this at the F2F)
          + Next Telcon: Propose 12th June 2008; Chair: Stuart; Scribe:
            DaveO > DanC > HT
          + Future Regrets: 12th June: TimBL
    2. Approval of Bristol F2F Minutes 19-21st May 2008
          + Currently contingent on drafts minutes for 19th
          + Mon 19th, [12]Tue 20th, [13]Wed 21st
    3. News/New Items (10 mins)
          + News Items
               o
               o
          + New Drafts:
               o Last Calls; First Drafts;
               o W3C publications; non-W3C Publications
          + Conferences
    4. Issue [14]UrnsAndRegistries-50 (ISSUE-50)
          + Related Action Items:
               o [15]ACTION-33 on Henry S. Thompson to revise
                 URNsAndRegistries-50 finding in response to F2F
                 discussion - due 2008-03-27, open
               o [16]ACTION-121 on Henry S. Thompson to HT to draft TAG
                 input to review of draft ARK RFC - due 2008-03-27,
                 open
               o [17]ACTION-152 on Jonathan Rees to Review overlap
                 between the HCLSI URI note and HT's w.r.t.
                 contribution to TAG finding on UrnsAndRegistries - due
                 2008-05-27, open
          + XRI related emails and blog posts:
               o "[18]XRI vote aftermath" email from  Marty Schleiff
                 (Boeing)
               o [19]A tale of two business models blog post from Dan
                 Brickley
               o [20]Time for OASIS XRI TC and W3C TAG to Sit Down
                 Together blog post by [21]Drummond Reed
               o [22]A Wag for the TAG blog post by [23]Andy Dale
               o "[24]XriSolvesRealProblems is a response to the W3C
                 TAG statement regarding the [25]OASIS Standard vote on
                 XRI Syntax 2.0 and [26]XRI Resolution 2.0."   XRI TC
                 wiki page.
               o "[27]Detailed technical reasons why I'm against XRIs"
                 blog post from David Orchard
               o [28]XRI TC Minutes 2nd June
               o [29]Wikipedia on XRI and [30]NPOV dispute
          + Net-net:
               o Expecting requests for dialog.
               o Any pro-active measures we should be thinking about?
    5. Issue [31]tagSoupIntegration-54 (ISSUE-54)
          + Distributed Extensibility
               o Related Action Items:
                    # [32]ACTION-145 on Tim Berners-Lee to Add public
                      prose around his slides at the AC meeting to make
                      the case for extensiblity and flexible XML, due
                      29 May - due 2008-05-26, open
                    # [33]ACTION-160 on Stuart Williams to Check with
                      Henry and Raman as whether they agree with the
                      position - due 2008-06-05, pending review
                      [DONE] see [34]email thread (member only)
          + [35]HTML5 Request for TAG Review
               o Suggest we review the list in the message - organise
                 coarse grain and fine grain questions - focus on
                 coarse grain first.
    6. Issue [36]passwordsinTheClear-52 (ISSUE-52)
          + Related Action Items
               o [37]ACTION-150 on David Orchard to Finish refs etc on
                 passwords in the clear finding - due 2008-05-27,
                 pending review
                 [DONE] [38]email from Dave
          + [39]Current draft finding.
               o Are we done?
               o Call for review?
    7. Issue [40]XMLVersioning-41 (ISSUE-41)
          + Open Action Item review:
            Related Action Items
               o [41]ACTION-16 on David Orchard to Incorporate the NVDL
                 text into the findings. - due 2008-05-15, open
               o [42]ACTION-109 on T.V. Raman to Review
                 compatibility-strategies section 3, 4, 5 due
                 2008-04-10 - due 2008-04-04, open
               o [43]ACTION-133 on David Orchard to Ask raman what he
                 thinks should be done wrt css versioning - due
                 2008-04-17, open
               o [44]ACTION-146 on Norman Walsh to Review 2008-05-13
                 versioning draft - due 2008-05-26, open
               o [45]ACTION-147 on Noah Mendelsohn to Review 2008-05-13
                 versioning draft - due 2008-05-26, pending review
               o [46]ACTION-148 on Jonathan Rees to see if he can
                 develop a formal basis for the definition of
                 extensibility, possibly including definitions of
                 forwards/backwards compatibility - due 2008-05-26,
                 open
               o [47]ACTION-149 on Henry S. Thompson to Henry to help
                 Jonathan with ACTION-148 - due 2008-05-26, open
               o [48]ACTION-158 on Jonathan Rees to Write up thoughts
                 on versioning and share with the group - due
                 2008-05-28, pending review
               o [49]ACTION-159 on David Orchard to Update
                 compatibility strategies document in response to f2f
                 discussion - due 2008-05-28, open
    8. Action Item Review
          + [50]Overdue Action Items and [51]Summary
    9. Any other business
     _________________________________________________________

      [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
      [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/issues
      [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2003Jul/0054.
      [8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
     [10] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/06/05-agenda
     [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/05/29-minutes
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/05/20-minutes
     [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2008/05/21-minutes
     [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/issues/50
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/33
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/121
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/152
     [18] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Jun/0008
     [19] http://danbri.org/words/2008/01/29/266
     [20] http://www.equalsdrummond.name/?p=130
     [21] xri://=drummond/
     [22] http://xditao.blogspot.com/2008/05/wag-for-tag.html
     [23] http://xri.net/=andy.dale
     [24] http://wiki.oasis-open.org/xri/XriSolvesRealProblems
     [25] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200805/msg00017.html
     [26] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200805/msg00015.html
     [27] http://www.pacificspirit.com/blog/2008/05/30/detailed_technical_reasons_why_im_against_xris
     [28] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200806/msg00007.html
     [29] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XRI
     [30] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Extensible_Resource_Identifier
     [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/issues/54
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/145
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/160
     [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2008May/thread#msg71
     [35] http://www.w3.org/mid/Pine.LNX.4.62.0805212054210.12907@hixie.dreamhostps.com
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/52
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/150
     [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Jun/0010
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/passwordsInTheClear-52-20080602
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/issues/41
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/16
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/109
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/133
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/146
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/147
     [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/148
     [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/149
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/158
     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/159
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue
     [51] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


    Stuart Williams for TAG
    $Revision: 1.2 $ of $Date: 2008/06/04 17:13:12 $
Received on Wednesday, 4 June 2008 17:19:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:58 GMT