Re: Private naming conventions and hypermedia (was Re: Draft minutes from TAG telcon of 2008-07-24

> (1) and (2) are replications of the resource identified by the abstract
> identifier (3).   They may be identical (and then again they may not), but
> by what definition of "resource" are they the same resource?

Am I wrong in thinking that if two resources have the different URI
they are different ? We really don't care about whats the actual
content inside is , do we ? Aren't you loosing the resource
abstraction if you try and go deeper inside what each resource
represents / returns /  whether its replicated or not etc. ?

>  Can you offer a suggestion that meets the requirements of the
> applicant and also preserves the benefits of an HTTP URI?

Although I don't know the requirements, I will say that whatever be
the requirements it is always better to use hyper links than hard code
any sort of state transition at the client side (i.e hard code an
assumption at client side).

Thanks
Devdatta