Re: Private naming conventions and hypermedia (was Re: Draft minutes from TAG telcon of 2008-07-24

+1 to Hypermedia as engine of state transfer and thus Mark Baker's comment.

I wonder about scalability of the number of different names for the same
resource.  Could there be hundreds, thousands, millions of different names
for a a given resource, and how many resources could potentially have that
number of duplicate names?  Could the link header/whatever blow up in size?

A different solution is that the link header/whatever could contain a
reference to the private naming convention used.  This is analogous to the
html forms and html media type.  This also preserves the hypermedia as
engine of state transfer rule.

Cheers,
Dave