[XRI] IRI thread

Hi Felix,

Thanks for the input.

IRI  is related to the xri: scheme discussion.

One of the reasons (perhaps not the only reason) people don't want
xri: to be a scheme is the concern that the IRI form of XRI will be
used for XML namespace declarations.

This seems to be a general problem not specific to XRI.

There is a community that believes that all XML namespace declarations
should be http: URLs  unless there is some super compelling reason to
do something else.  I may even fall into that camp myself.

I think David Orchard and I agree that if someone wants to use XRI
versioning or something else in a XML namespace declaration they MUST
use the HXRI form that way it is a just a normal URL from a XML
processing perspective.

I have put this to members of the XRI-TC and the above is generally
uncontroversial.

The question becomes how do you stop people from using the xri: scheme.

One effective way is to not issue the scheme.    This seems to be the
preferred solution by some W3C TAG members.

The perhaps unintended byproduct is that without a scheme we can't
represent a XRI as a IRI in other places that might be more
appropriate like a UI.

One thing we could still do is use the IRI form of the HXRI this would
be a normal IRI with the http: scheme.

This has certain problems in that we have specified NFKC normalization
rather than the NFC normalization that http uses for the path.

Without a scheme and defining our IRI transforms against the scheme
IRI is certainly more awkward to deal with.

I want to know if there are opinions for or against having a IRI form
of a HXRI lets call it a IHXRI.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards
John Bradley
OASIS IDTRUST-SC
http://xri.net/=jbradley
五里霧中

PS my 漢字 sucks I cheat and get Nat Sakimura to translate if I need
to:)