Re: Boeing XRI Use Cases

Hi Erik,

I think the specific's of ARK  are a bit of a diversion from the main
topic.

If I understood Henrys suggestion correctly he was proposing using a
mechanism similar to ARK for indicating to client applications that
they are processing an XRI rather than a http: URL.

I don't think the proposal went as far as using ARK itself though I
could be wrong about that.

There seems to be a diversity of opinions regarding the idea of
encoding a special identifier at the start of the http: path segment
to indicate that a http: URL is something other than a "plain" http:
URL.

In the ARK case we seem to be encoding a sub scheme in the URL path.

So to use the ARK pattern to encode a XRI it would look like:
http://xri.example.org/xri:/@boeing*jbradley/+home/+phone

Persistent identifiers in XRI would use the ! symbol in the XRI part
to indicate persistence,  as per the XRI 2.0 spec.

I don't personally want to pass any judgement on ARK itself.  I think
it is a valid pattern for us to consider.
It remains to be seen if it is the best of the proposals under
consideration.

Regards
John Bradley
OASIS IDTRUST-SC